Melissa Update: Friday Nite

DancingLight

You're all very welcome...it means a lot to me to be able to help in some small way...

And, big THANKS for Kristen for helping out so much too! It was nice having two of us to take care of things!

I know you all care about her so much too and it is hard not knowing what is going on!

I hope she will be home Tuesday! I know she will call as soon as she is able to say she is 'free'!

Emily

Yes, A Big thanks to Kristen too---------------- :)

You are doing a wonderful job keeping us updated on Melissa.

She is brave girl----------she is young, and shouldn't have to deal with this, and yet she continues to keep her chin up. She has a great support system, and that is so important---especially from family-- ;)

It can make all the difference.

Maxine :0)

Thanks so much for the update. Please can you read out the following to our wee Sunfish:

Hey Melissa- happy birthday! My heart goes out to you, being in the hospital just now and on your birthday. At least you're getting morphine- you should keep a journal of your dreams if you can- that stuff gives AMAZING visions and sensations!!!! :-)

I also know just what it's like to be desperate for a bath but to not be able to have one. Could the nurses help hoist you into the bath? I had to be hoisted into the bath by nurses in hospital when I felt really terrible, although I often had to wait til the wards were quieter and there were enough people to cope if I had a bad turn/ passed out in the water with the heat. Sometimes I was too sick even for that, though.

Or get them to bring a bowl- not a fish bowl though!!!! Sometimes they will do that and you can have a wash in the bed. Get folks to bring you in nice sponges and soaps:) When I was at my very sickest, and confined to bed, the highlight of my day was having a bath or a wash- it was all I could manage and the only time I was allowed to really move out of my bed or my room.

I know that when you do finally get it, it will be the nicest wash you've ever had!

Good luck with it all, keep on truckin'! xXx

We're all thinking of ya

:-)