Height Weight And Gender

Guest dionna

height weight and gender?  

589 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I am 6'2". I was 190lbs, but lost 30. I am trying to get my weight back up. It is hard to when the stomach will not empty.

I wonder if the drastic weight loss (It was muscle mostly) is not a contributing factor.

Has anyone heard of anyone getting their condition back, and seeing an improvement?

I have improved, gjensen; I used to be nauseated and dizzy all the time, but not anymore. I'm still thin, and lost some weight, about 15 pounds, but I'm trying to gain it back with more protein in my diet. Try protein shakes, eat light, and make sure your diet is balanced. I would avoid foods that bind you up, and eat small meals during the day. I used to be deficient in D3, so I would suggest getting that checked. I eat plenty of fruit and vegetables, too, as they will help with motility. I do go to the YMCA twice a week; I'm doing 2-3 miles on the elliptical and 15 minutes on the rowing machine. I started slowly on the stationery bike, and worked my way up. I also walk my dog every day for at least 15 minutes. Never give up!! We know Who we rely on daily. I'll say a prayer for you to get balanced out, so that you can have your life back. I've been diagnosed over 2 years now, and I'm doing much better with medications!! :)

I fit the tall and thin mold. I'm currently 5' 8" and weigh between 110-114. I was 105 just a few months ago. I feel like I'm eating enough, and I feel full, but can't seem to gain any weight, and that's without much exercise. I've had to cut down on my work-outs because I've been in a "low" place lately and am too fatigued to exercise much. It's very frustrating. My PCP told me three weeks ago that if I didn't put more weight on, I needed to go to an eating disorder clinic...I did go to one once about 25 years ago, but haven't shaken all of my anorexic habits.

That would be any interesting question to add - I'm guessing there might be a population of women/men out there who have struggled with eating disorders in the past. If anyone has, and you don't want to publicly write about it, feel free to PM me!

• 2 weeks later...

I have improved, gjensen; I used to be nauseated and dizzy all the time, but not anymore. I'm still thin, and lost some weight, about 15 pounds, but I'm trying to gain it back with more protein in my diet. Try protein shakes, eat light, and make sure your diet is balanced. I would avoid foods that bind you up, and eat small meals during the day. I used to be deficient in D3, so I would suggest getting that checked. I eat plenty of fruit and vegetables, too, as they will help with motility. I do go to the YMCA twice a week; I'm doing 2-3 miles on the elliptical and 15 minutes on the rowing machine. I started slowly on the stationery bike, and worked my way up. I also walk my dog every day for at least 15 minutes. Never give up!! We know Who we rely on daily. I'll say a prayer for you to get balanced out, so that you can have your life back. I've been diagnosed over 2 years now, and I'm doing much better with medications!! :)

Thank you BellGirl. I am excited that I have gained back 6 lbs. Went through a spell where everything was working a bit better, but had a little down turn the last couple days(nausea).

Unfortunately, I have a swallowing issue along with this. That is how I lost my weight initially. Makes it double hard. What I would not do to be able to grill and eat a hamburger, lol.

I want to start some exercises. Particularly work on leg muscles. I have lost some tone. I had said that I was going to get back to 170 first. I just do not how long that will take. Maybe I can get another four pounds in two weeks.

And treatment. I am looking forward to a treatment plan. Any improvement would be improvement right now.

You are right. You know where my hope is. I could not imagine going through a chronic illness without that hope. I could not imagine life in general without that hope. Ironicly, in some ways this illness has been good for me. Funny how what seams right can be wrong, and what seams wrong can be right. I think that you know what I am saying.

It just means that we depend on Him all the more!! Sorry about your swallowing issues. I used to have trouble with that, too, but it is much better now, although I still have some issues with GERD, and my esophagus emptying, it seems to take forever, especially if I'm eating too fast, because I'm starving to death, literally...lol. It's good to have my appetite back, though. That's huge for me!! I also have some issues with IBS, especially if I've overdone it, or if I'm out in the cold weather for some reason. PM me, if you like... :)

• 1 month later...

Both my Mom and I are the largest among our siblings. Neither are first born (we are the youngest). Both of us have: bradytachycardia, exercise intolerance, heat intolerance, orthostatic intolerance, and syncope when young. Her symptoms stop there. Mine go on and on... Neither of us had a single trigger; both had lifelong symptoms. I was physically very strong when young; never stopped moving.

I may fit the thin and pale stereotype, but not tall. At 5'4", I'd hardly call myself tall. Before POTS, I weighed about 113-114. Now, after taking Florinef for several months, I'm at 103-105. Humph. I never had much weight to begin with, and I actually managed to LOSE weight on a steroid. 10 lbs. that I never had to spare! Some people just scoff when I complain about weight-loss. I guess they don't really get that skinny girls have problems too, and I sure don't try to lose weight. (No, I'm not anorexic.)

• 1 month later...

Before I got on beta blockers I was at an all-time low weight of 120 (My height is 5'5). Before pots, I was always about 130-140 and was mostly due to muscle tone as I was very athletic and played sports and danced and participated in acrobats. Now that I have been on beta blockers my weight has ballooned to 150-155. To get a more accurate reading on what you are trying to discover I would maybe add the options of weight before and after treatment(s). Before beta blockers I was probably the poster child of a sick-looking POTS patient but now I can't seem to get the extra 10 pounds of weight off <_< Oh well, at least now I can actually look at myself in the mirror without cringing. I truly looked like death so I will take being a bit chubby and non-ghostly over that any day.

• 5 months later...

I think it has to do with our age and metabolism, in my 20's I was 98 pds, and in my 30's, I was about 108,

now in my 40's and unable to be as physical because of my POTS.

Oh, it's scary now, I'm about 134 pounds. I'm only 5'3" so that still puts me in the healthy range as far as the doctor is concerned. BUT.....

I see me without clothes and 134 for me is over weight. But I cant work out now.

So what do you all do when your trying to lose some weight? Help me!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Loulou. It's not only metabolism, but if you are on the correct medication for POTS, it slows you down, too. Too, it is the hormonal factor at your age, and not being as active because of your illness. I make myself move, but I don't enjoy exercise anymore. It takes a lot out of me, and sometimes I'm too sick to do it, but I press on, because I know it is the healthy thing to do. Do you have a recumbent bike? Can you take walks? You need to move in some fashion, or the older you become, the harder it will be. Even if it is stretching, yoga, exercise laying down or whatever you have to do. There were several years, when I couldn't before diagnosis, when I was so dizzy and nauseated, but with medication I have become better, so that I am able to do more. I hope you will improve some, so you are able to be as healthy as you can be!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is sort of off topic, but I have an eating disorder history and am now weight restored...or close. My symptoms get a lot worse if my weight is even 5 lbs below my suggested range regardless of my food intake.

BTW (POTS symptoms precede the eating disorder by several years)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm 5'7" and thin. I've finally gained enough weight to be around 133 lbs. My boyfriend has been on a mission for the last 2 years to fatten me up. Lol Oh, and my skin is a lovely shade of "pasty white" (I kinda prefer "deathly pale").

• 4 years later...