Height Weight And Gender

Guest dionna

height weight and gender?  

589 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am not the typical skinny POTS person, but I have NCS, so wondering if that makes a difference...if so can I trade diseases?? I am kidding, but since the start of my symptoms 10 years ago I have gained about 140 lbs. It ***** because I have the hardest time losing the weight and I went from being the athletic and fit to the complete opposite. I would love to start swimming or something to start losing some of the extra me lol!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Great....I have a female disease? (sad face) I feel less manly now. Oh well...for those who care I'm 5'11" and 130 lbs, but im only 17 and very much still growing. So I guess I don't fit the normal protocol.

:P

Thanks for the laugh ... If it makes you feel better, my DB was about 5'5" when he was your age and joined the navy. When came back from bootcamp, he was 6 foot and very muscular ... We always teased him about finally getting all the food he needed. :)

I'm 5'5" and 120lbs. I've always had a high metabolism and was wondering if that's common with OI.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello All~

What an interesting survey. I'm 5' 8" and weigh about 117 (and like a couple of others have mentioned - PALE). I was diagnosed with POTS at the height of my career (archaeologist) and when I was probably the most fit of all. I really miss the hiking and running around. Diagnosed when I was 44, just turned 47.

Peace,

potsgirl

I"m certainly not the norm. I'm an overweight 5'6 female. I'm hyperadrenergic, and the body type is not uncommon according to my doc. He says we have a certain body type and look. To be fair, I've also got PCOS and have been treated with megadoses of steriods in the past few years, which makes the weight skyrocket. I've gained 30 lbs at least in the past 2 years of massive steriods.

• 4 weeks later...
I"m certainly not the norm. I'm an overweight 5'6 female. I'm hyperadrenergic, and the body type is not uncommon according to my doc. He says we have a certain body type and look. To be fair, I've also got PCOS and have been treated with megadoses of steriods in the past few years, which makes the weight skyrocket. I've gained 30 lbs at least in the past 2 years of massive steriods.

Hey, steriods for what? I have pcos too, they though I had lupus/mixed connective tissue disorder, but me on dex. It destroyed my body no kids because of it. My pcos is caused by super high insulin and I usuallly take glucophage for it. I lost weight without even trying on the glucophage. I avoid steriods as much as possible because it's like spraying gasoline on a hot fire.

I'm 5 4 1/2 120 but, will retain fluids and bloated recently with all the salt and mestinon. So day to day my weight my weight can vary and my rings can fit one day any not the next. But, I'm still adorable! :blink: I look better since all the meds believe it or not. That's half the problem of getting people to understand there's something wrong with me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

What is the 'body type' for hyperadrenergic, if you don't mind sharing?

Steriods have bloated me up...I can't believe I wrote I was adorable. LOL! :rolleyes: I MUST HAVE BEEN RUNNING ON LOW BP, it makes me babble like a brooke. I JUST wear larger shirts and people say have you lost weight. LOL! :) MY mom told me a lady never tells her age or weight. KEEP THEM guessing sweetheart so I'm not telling anymore...

bellamia~

:lol: just funning with you all, but she did say that...

Wow, Heather, that's awful!

They wanted to give that to me, but I said no for now. Is that a typical reaction, I wonder?

Amy

I am on Florinef and have not gained any weight in the past year I have been taking it. I have always had trouble keeping weight on (5'8" and 115 lbs), but it gets much worse when I am on SSRI's. I think everyone is different. My doctor said he thought the Florinef would help me put some weight on, but no such luck.