More Tired Than Usual

Jacquie802

Hey, just curious if anyone else has been hit with fatigue lately thats worse than usual ..?! Just seems like I have been fighting to stay awake.

Jacquie

yeah i have since the beginning of november.. im thinking that it as to do with the change of seasons? as im not the only i know battling fatigue.. its seems to be a general thing.. not for just us potsy folks.. though i think we got a double whammy going on with fatigue

Just seems like a rocky time...I've been feeling really nauseas and just a general feeling of being sick...:lol: Anyhow, I hope all of us feel somewhat better soon!

Jacquie

Jacquie,

How are you doing?

I've noticed unusual fatigue lately;some days are better than others but, in general, much more difficult to get moving.

My husband who does not have POTS or any other ailment that could cause fatigue has also been laying around more after dinner and acting very tired as well.

In my case, I think it may be the change to the colder weather. I was told by an endocrinologist that I respond poorly to stress, and I consider the change a stress.

If my adrenals are putting out less cortisol than they should when there is a stress, I believe less cortisol mean feeling weak and extremely tired.

Have you ever felt so tired that talking felt like a burden or walking to the bedroom to get to bed or even laying in bed and keeping your eyes open is too much?

I had that two days ago. It's scary to feel that tired, kinda like you're a walking dead person.

I've lived through these sensations before so I suppose I'll live through them now. I attribute them to a combination of things such as being on a new antibiotic, change in outdoor temperature, possibly fighting an infection, recovering from the prior day which required being "vertical" longer than usual for me.

In any event, it's scary to feel so debilitated. I can relate.

Wishing you more energy-filled days ahead!

This is so interesting. It is hard to be feeling tired or have some energy and most of it isn't related to how much sleep I had or how well I slept. I actually have started florinef and have been feeling much better this week (could be coincidence), but there are definitely times that I have a very hard time keeping my eyes open and it is all I can do to remember my name. What a weird illness.

Happy days to all!

Amy

I get seasonal affective disorder which means I can get quite depressed and affected by the shorter days and longer nights. This year, it's hit me slightly differently- I'm not depressed like I was last winter but I am EXTREMELY tired and although I'm quite happy I'm perfectloy content to just curl up in bed and watch TV with the blankets wrapped round me (I am usually more outgoing).

Do any of you have a light box? I have one, but even that's not shifting it for me. My therapist says I'm probably still very worn out after finishing my master's at the end of october; I think she may be right!