Does This Seem To Scare You?

bamagirl

I have been having a LOT of heart skips and extra beats over the last few months. EP doc really doesn't seem to think it's serious when he looks at my heart monitor results. However, over the last two weeks, every time I get my heart rate up my heart flutters, skips and such and it really feels like I'm going to pass out. It literally feels like it gets out of rhythm!! It even has done it the past two days when I am at rest. Does anyone else have this problem and what helps? My EP doc says the next time I complain about it I am getting an EP study done! Any advice will help.

well that happens to me somtimes too but not all the time like u seem to have...i have no advice except your not alone and from the symptoms list ont his website that one is on there so its common with pots people...it is scary yes...i am scared because my heart races when im sleeping out of nowhere i wake up with it zooming away...but im sure its not a big deal especially if youve had heart tests for it....do you take a beta blocker?

No, beta-blockers are not ok for me b/c my bp is too low. The heart racing I can handle, it's the skipping and out of rhythm that scares me. Not to be morbid, but I know some people can die sporadically from heart rhythm problems. Just wondering if anyone has had an ablation to take care of the skips and extra beats-not for the tachycarida.

are these PVC's or PAC'S ?? ventricular skipped beats or atrial skipped? ventricular, if they come in single form (one PVC alone followed by a normal beat) arent dangerous at all, unless the skipped beat comes "too early" and falls on the waveform that happens when the ventricle is trying to relax (this can lead into a serious arrhythmia, but i'm sure your doc knows what he's looking at when he looks at your rhythm strips).............so do you have single skipped beats or did your EP doc say that you had what we call "couplets" or "triplets". in technical definition a couplet is basically two PVC's in a row, which means there is a site in your hear that is very irritable, moreso than if it was just one skipped beat followed by normal beats.............triplets are what we refer to as a "Run" of v-tach - short run - non-sustained. ventricular tachycardia is a serious rhythm problem. sustained ventricular tachycardia is basically three or more PVC's in a row that dont break into a normal rhythm, but keep occuring over several minutes.

i guess i'd want to know if your doc was looking at single foci PVC's, couplets, triplets, or just plain old PAC's .........? usually EP guys dont do EP studies on patients unless the PVC's are VERY frequent in nature or come in multiple sequence, not just single PVC's both proceeded and preceeded by normal sinus beats