Salty Foods

Eli6596

I have been addicted to sushi lately. I drench it in soy sauce. I like it because its cold, and doesn't make me feel so full. Its hard for me to eat anything lately, but I think I could eat sushi every day. My poor boyfriend is getting sick of me calling him at work and asking him to pick up the take-out I just ordered on his way home.

What are your favorite salty foods? Which foods give you the most salty "boost"? My all time favorite is pizza. On my worst days, pizza will give me a lift. Has anyone tried anchovies?

Karyn

B) Yes

For the last two weeks, I have been eating tomato with anchovies, mushrooms, olives and olive oil (with extra salt on it)

I was looking forward to eating it every day... :) (maybe a low blood pressure).

Anchovies are perfect but avoid eating them natural.

I love Pizza (Gluten and casein free), as well as salty almonds...

Tessa

Crisps and chips, i know that they are high in fat but i love really salty chips.

i have to add salt to every thing now, i love it!

but everytime they take my salt levels in hospital i'm always on the low side and i eat loads of the stuff - how does that happen - am i leaking it?

my dad adds soy sauce to everythng, pasta, sauces and roast dinners! he goes through a bottle a month, my mum goes mad! but not at me when i do it!

becks x x x

for me its frito's,pretzels, dill pickles. green olives,extra salt of everything of course.. and recently.. did you know that banquet chicken (i know this only b/c i looked on the box) has 990 mg of salt in it!!

Im not a big fan of there choicken unless its the breast pieces.. but the skin.. now that is another story.. it so freekin' salty!...that was a good boost for the old system..

Um mcdonalds fries...(when they are fresh) still hot add even more salt to them!

the olives and pickles along with salty chips of some sort are what i use.. UN condnesed soups like chicken or tomato.. only dont use a full can of water to dilute it.. I use a little less then 1/3 of the can with water to add to the soup...

oh saltine crackers...

those are the only things i can think of right now.. scarfing half a jar or green olives then washing it down with water.. or juice.. really gives me a salty bp boost..

I love to drink V-8 or tomato juice and add salt after every sip! :)

popcorn, pretzels, crackers, jerky, chips, doritos, salsa, french fries, salted nuts esp. cashews, and adding salt to everything. plus some drinks have bunches of sodium!

dionna 1.gif

popcorn, pretzels, crackers, jerky, chips, doritos, salsa, french fries, salted nuts esp. cashews, and adding salt to everything. plus some drinks have bunches of sodium!

dionna 1.gif

Potatos! Especially baked and crusted with sea salt- or just mashed w/chicken broth and a bit of salt. Yum.

I had a friend once who added salt to his beer. :) I still can't do that.

Thanks for sharing your favorite salty foods. I want to branch out and try new salty foods. You guys gave me some good ideas. I think I will try the V8 with the salt chaser and beef jerky. I did not think of those. I just love trying new foods, especially things that make me feel better!

Karyn

i didn't know that but that is awesome cause i love chick-fil-a. now i have an excuse to really go there other than i am just hungry. they do have really good food. yay! thanks a bunch.

dionna :)

i did want to add though that last time i ate there i did faint but it was just before i got my food. it has a long line. (of course ;) )

This may belong in the 'You know you have dysautonomia when...' thread, but I thought I'd share it.

I was talking to my husband and was like 'and chik-fil-a sandwhiches have 1300 mg of sodium but like 400 calories, while a quarter pounder has 200 less mg of sodum and 200 more calories! Isn't that great- I can eat the chik-fil-a, feel better, and not be such a pig! Yeah!'

He, meanwhile, looked at me and said '1300 grams of sodium! That's awful!'

Kind of shows you how skewed your priorities get- at least all of us are messed up togather! ;) LOL.

Seriously though, there's a chik-fil-a express in the bottom of our building that I end up eating a lot, ESPECIALLY when I don't feel good enough to make the trek home for lunch. And I noticed that I do tend to feel better after eating there- this is probably why.