blood pooling

Guest veryblue

Guest veryblue

Does anyone else on here get blood pooling in their hands as well as their legs...my hands get molted as well as my feet. Am I a wierdo or do others in here get this as well when their arms are hanging by thier sides?

This does happen occasionally to me, like if I let my arm dangle without moving it for a while, I can see it pooling- but I think our arms are almost constantly moving so it's harder to notice, and not as severe as the leg pooling.

Hey,

Way back in 1995 befire I got diagnosed a doctor at the University of Miami gave me a tilt table test and the techs noticed my hands and feet then, also the tachycardia. That doctor left the school and I did not get diagnosed with POTS until 2 years later. Sorry little vent there :rolleyes: but yeah my hands get the purple look too.

Stacey:-)

I never had blood pooling in my hands until about 2 months ago. I was standing up and talking to someone and looked down and my hands and nails were purple! Scared me at first then I realized that it must just be ANOTHER symptom. I have noticed it about a dozen times since then. My feet only swell up and turn reddish purple when I take a hot shower.

My blood pools in my hands while walking, especially when it's hot outside. And that makes it impossible to do any fine-motor activities for about an hour after returning home from a walk.

But lately, I've been having more and more stiffness and a "thickness" feeling in my fingers when I wake up in the mornings - not exactly pooling, but a similar result. This is especially distressing to me, as I am a professional pianist!