We Sold Our House!

I should've posted sooner, but it's been a whirlwind of activity here. Our house went on the market officially last Tuesday, and by Wednesday morning we had a contract on it. We signed off Wednesday night and are closing July 23rd!!

We decided we definitely want to go to Florida, and I am soooo excited! My parents live there, and it's where I grew up. I'll be thrilled to have nice weather all year. I'll have to stay inside a lot during June/July/August but I think the other 9 months will be great. I just have to work on finding a doctor and hopefully a support group for POTS as well.

I am really excited to have a choice of several colleges to attend, and to be near the city again (I miss having the conveniences). So we are closing in July, and David is finishing up at his job August 15th- so I am going to stay with my parents for 3 weeks until he comes down, then we're going to look for a house. My parents have graciously offered my granfather's home for us to stay in until David finds a job and we get settled into our own home (the house is in probate right now, since my GP's passed away recently, so it's empty and rent free). It's so ironic, since I practically grew up in that house myself.

Anyhow, I could go on for hours about everything that's going on, but I'll spare you all...wish us luck during this happily stressful time :P

Congratulations, Jessica! This is all wonderful news! I'm glad the house-selling part didn't drag on as it sometimes can. And I think it'll be great for you three to be near your parents! You'll put the pieces together and create a Florida group if there isn't one already... But remember, you'll ALWAYS have your friends here on the Forum!

Best,

Merrill

WOW that was quick!! I am so glad you didn't have to go through the hassle of showing your house a million times, so aggravating, my sister is going through that right now.

Best wishes in Florida, sounds like you will have a great support system there with your parents!!!

Sue

That's terrific and I know your parents will also be glad to have you and their adorable grandson nearby!

I think you will find the Florida folks helpful as you look for doctors etc. but hope you keep posting here and let us know how the move goes. It is wonderful you have a place to live temporarily and one that has an emotional connection for you.

There are a lot of changes coming at you very quickly so just remember to make extra time for you to rest....easier said than done when you are moving and taking care of a toddler, I know, but it will be very taxing on your body.

good luck!

Jess, that's so very exciting!! Congrats on the contract for sale happening so fast--at least you wont have to worry about whether or not it will sell ! :P I bet it will be so nice to be nearer to your family. Builds in an extra support system for you.

:huh: Nina

Jessica, I am so happy for you. It should be wonderful to be closer to your parents, and being able to stay in your grandparents house while you get things together sounds great! Don't tire yourself out!

Jessica - thats SO exciting! I know the move is probably looking overwhelming, but just "keep your eyes on the prize". I'm glad you will be closer to ethan's grandparents and have more people to provide a support system. Good luck on your move!