Holiday Happenings (or Lack Thereof)

Sunfish

I am so glad to have you 'back in action' on the board. You have so much wisdom.

Yes, this post has definitely been felt deeply by some of us, I think especially the sickest of us...:(

My spirit still dances, but my body does not...and I WANT both!!!!

Goodnight!!!

Emily

Off-Topic.gif

Emily

I can FEEL your Spirit Dancing, Emily. ENJOY seeing your name on the board again here as well, as well as Morgan's. both your voices are MISSED on this board.

Off-Topic2.gif

P.S. Emily, can you at least dance in your dreams! Here is an angry tantrum dance for you. :)

Tantrum.gif

i need to get back to this & write more (not b/c of feeling obligated to but b/c i want to) but for now just wanted to thank folks for all of the continued heartfelt (though also heartwrenching) replies & discussion. i wish i could give you all a hug in person....

love & thanks,

:( melissa (who WILL be back with more ramblings & replies, whether tonight or in a few days)

Sophia,

Thank you....you made me smile. I do dance in my dreams and I do envision that in meditation--the feeling of being in my body in that way without pain and fatigue...it may never happen, but it feels good to meditate on it!

Melissa--we're ready for your ramblings! hehehehee! hey, mine was darned long and people still read it! :( I agree, the replies were heartwrenching--I felt my heart breaking for everyone, but was grateful we had a place to share.

Em

hi all,

melissa, thank you for startng this thread and telling us all how you really feel, i think that a ot of us can relate to this. i don't think i can stand one more person saying "look on the bright side" or "it could be worse", i really want to projectile vomit over them and say "see i told you i was sick".

i understand you mourning your loss of the holidays and i think it's better to o that than keep it bottled up, i'm just glad there are so many other people out there who get it.

i'm in bed in a foul mood - i shouldn't be i went to disneyland in paris over the weekend but coming off medication, having a bad dose of vertigo (nine weeks and countng!) and pots meant that i was in a wheelchair for the first time ever all weekend. now because of the travelling i'm crashing - but it was a christmas present for my sister and i from my parents and i didn't want to ruin it. i kept trying to get out of the chair and walk but i fell over or walked into things got palptatons etc, i felt sorry for my family pushing me around. i just really wanted to hibernate! so that's what i'm doing now. Also my family treated me really diferently because i was in the chair - guess i'm mourning the loss of feeling somewhat normal.

melissa, thinking of you at this really difficult time. I can't imagine what you are going through at the moment but i can empathise.

keep us updated

love and hugs bebs x x x

p.s. this stupid laptop is going to be flung out of the window f the keyboard doesn't start wrkng soon, if only i had the strength! ha ha ha

Dear Melissa,

I wrote out a post here, but it sounded all wrong, so i'll try again. Everything here has been so well said by people with love and care for you and with a wisdom that comes from their own suffering, that i feel there is little to add.

One thing i can add is that i'm one of the many people here who love you and admire your strength (even as you grieve, you do it with strength and honesty). Thank you for sharing your feelings here as you did. I know it's a risk to open up like this on any level, and I realize your losses and pain run very deep (though i can't ever possibly know how you feel).

I pray for you all the time. Even in the midst of your pain, you still have the amazing ability to be a great encouragement and friend to me. God has used (and continues to use) you in a big way in my life. I know that doesn't change what you're dealing with, but i wanted you to know, nonetheless! :)

kristen

Kristen,

Knowing you are away from the computer b/c you are able to read, write and crochet...well, that warms my heart! :) It's a 'good reason' to be away ya know? Rather than the 'too sick to be on the board' thing that we all go through...

Although you're still missed of course! I'm just waking up from my nap so I could be writing something that isn't coming off the way I intended! hahahaha!

Hugs,

Em

P.S. As you've learned I'm a horrible correspondent...sorry! I think you may have PMd me the Hida scoop about 15 years ago? hahahahahahaha!

Hey Emily,

Thanks for the warm "re-welcome!" :) Don't even give the old PM correspondence a second thought! I know that you have had more than your fair share of health challenges. I never think twice about that kind of stuff. Honestly, it was just nice at the time to vent to someone who gets it, ya know?

I'm also happy that i can take some time to do some quiet hobby things these days. It was definitely not that way when i joined here a year ago. Fill me in on your Lyme treatment if you have the time/energy...but only if you are able and WANT to....no obligation to reply. that goes for future messages too :P

Thanks again for the warm welcome. You are always so sweet to keep track of each person's deal and make them fell welcome and wanted here.

Kristen

OH my i really want to read this whole post.. im gonna have to wrok thru it bit by bit.. then reply more..

But dear melissa.. whew girl...Im not sure what to say other then im thinking of you.. and wish you some comfort and joy this season..you really are an inspiration..with amazing grace and strength

hugs

dizz