Teeth Whiteners...

Jacquie802

Hi,

Just curious who has tried teeth whiteners..over the counter ones that is. I can't afford to go and get it professionally done. I am just trying to figure out which type of whitener to get!

Thanks!

Jacquie

trust me on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crest whitestrips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i promise they really do work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 14 day or 7 day........ i have been told so many times that i have the whitest teeth that people have ever seen and i haven't used them since early 2004!!!! let it be known to though that i do not drink any dark liquids what so ever (no coke no dr pepper no coffee no tea) and i don't smoke.

Hi,

I tried the Crest paint on kind once, but didn't like those. It's hard to paint on, plus your teeth have to be completely dry before you can paint them. And then the stuff came off in my mouth in the night - gross! Next time I will be doing the Crest Whitestrips. No more painting!

Good luck!

Rachel

Just so you know, if you use products that bleach your teeth with peroxide or something stronger, it can damage the enamel, thus making your teeth stain more easily, and making you more dependent on whitening products.

I like my Toms of Maine toothpaste that contains silica. Other commercial whitening toothpastes contain this as well. (FX Colgate Total whitening has fluoride to prevent cavities, triclosan to fight gingevitis, and silica for whitening.)

she is right about the enamel and that it leaves it more prone to stains so if you are a coffee or tea drinker or a smoker. i wouldn't use them. which is why i said i didn't do those in the previous post. i also tried the paint on for night time but i didn't see any difference made until i used the strips. i also use whitening toothpaste and the new whitening mouth wash. i don't know if they make any difference or not. i also bruch my teeth occasionally with baking soda out of the box and hydrogen peroxide out of the bottle.

dionna :(

Jacquie,

Please ask your dentist on this one!

I really don't have energy for this type of thing right now, but it came up at my appt. last week b/c I am taking long term antibiotics in the tetracycline class which over time will continue to yellow my teeth. I asked about it b/c I was concerned about whether I should be doing something to PREVENT the yellowing over time.

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do, until I am done with the antibiotics. My dentist said, when I was done, I could get my teeth whitened professionally (very expensive) or use a product from the drugstore...he recommended one in particular, but I do not remember which one. I asked about safety, etc...but wasn't really interested b/c I don't have energy to do it now...

But, I guess it's best to get the scoop on the safest products to use by asking your dentist...

Emily