Veins Veins Everywhere

Guest veryblue

Guest veryblue

Hey..long time no post for me...I went on vacation to vist my parents in san diego felt great the whole time..i'm a little tired today...I have the day off...sitting on the couch wathcing the thunderstorms...I've been busy the last few days...played a double header softball game the other night and got eaten up by the misquetos, then spent the next day packing up my whole apartment and then the next day moving across town to a new place. My calfs are killing me after moving up all those stairs! Oh well I'm young and can handle it...well I'm getting off track here...What I was going to comment on was my veins...when I stand up then I can see my veins through my skin...not just in my legs but also in my arms...it's weird...I thought it was just the heat but it happens inside when its cool as well...I bet this has something to do with whatever is wrong me (Im begining to doubt that it is POTS..problably allergies causing mast cell activiation I'm guessing) This just started happening about a month ago and I've been having POTS symptoms since Jan...this just literaly hit me over night...any idea what this means and can anyone else see their veins? I thought about EDS but nobody in my family has ever had it nor problems with HR and BP or fainting or anything like that so I guess that makes that hypothesis obselete! Any comments?

I've got the vein thing too since POTS started. My veins are bulging out everywhere and are bright blue and green all over -- I can see veins all over my neck, chest, even legs and stomach, where I never used to see them. But I think I also can see them more because I've lost a lot of weight and muscle, so there's less fat/muscle to hide them. Have you lost weight lately?

I don't have EDS. I think it's just plain old POTS.

Amy

Hi,

I was just diagnosed with POTS a couple days ago...for the last few years, since I've been having problems, I have also noticed that my veins are very visible. I can see them all in my arms, legs, chest, stomach, even my face sometimes - I look like I'm blue!

Kristen

I have spider veins that seem to be getting worse. For me it's my feet that are the worst. You can see a few in my face and my arms. I have had people comment on them asking if I am starving myself. It is such a frustrating thing to deal with.

I know.

Frances