Does Anyone Have This Ever! Wierd Blackout Head Feeling

nikigrl8883

ok i swear somtime si think im about to drop dead im not kidding or exagerating like for example at night in bed somtimes im trying to sleep and i feel like im blacking out and my breathing gets shallow like im loosing conciousnesss i dont know how to explain it it feels like theres somthing wrong with my head.....when i first got sick in april i felt a constant pressure in my head like somone had hands on my head pushing it all over that lasted for weeks now that comes and goes but i swear somthings really really wrong i dont know how to even describe this blackout type symptoms almost like im gonna have a seizure but ive never had one so i dont know what thats like and ive had eeg and it was normal i dont know whats going on i even had a trancrainl doppler done in august same day as tilt test and it was normal feels like somthings blocked or off balance ive had mris of head normal does anyone know what i mean at all

sorry about all the typos i type way to fast ...next time i will watch what i type i dont think i can change it now

I get this a lot too...describing it like you're going to have a seizure is what caught me. Do your eyes feel like they jump back and forth real quick sometimes as well? I don't know exactly what it is because it usually doesn't happen at the same time as a bad POTS episode. But I think I do know what you mean. This happens to me all the time...and same with me, all tests came back normal except the TTT. So, I'm thinking its just a part of this whole POTS thing, but I'm no doctor!

You're not alone on this one though, that's for sure. :)

~Sarah

I get the jumping eyes sometimes, too. It happens along with something I describe as my "brain blinking". It feels like a black out for just a fraction of a second, but it's not long enough for me to fall down. I had a couple of EEGs to check for seizures, but they were normal. Or rather, the second one was abnormal, but it indicated a completely different type of seizure that would not explain the symptoms I described. A seizure med didn't help at all. So for now, I'm assuming it's POTS related. It's on my list of medical mysteries to follow up on at some point, probably with a cardiologist.

spike

Guest sonotech

Nikigirl,

I am not sure about your age, but one thing to consider is to have an ultrasound/doppler on you carotid arteries. If you have high cholesterol or are prone to build up in the arteries......the carotid arteries in your neck can become partially occluded and cause abnormal blood flow to the brain. (this is just a thought).

i have had a transcrianal dopller that included the kneck ateries the main ones on each side and it was ok and im only 23 and not overwieght

i have had a transcrianal dopller that included the kneck ateries the main ones on each side and it was ok and im only 23 and not overwieght

i just had the transcrannial dopler in august and it was normal and i dont have high cholestrol i dont think if i did i think the doc wouldve told me since ive had like amillion tests so i have no idea i had all the major vessels checked in the head and neck by ultrasound

i have no idea whats casuing the pots at all could be viral hormonal u got me...do you know of any underlying conditions that can casue this feeling ...knowing that ive had normal mris eegs echocardiogram ekgs holter everything was normal ....blood work all normal no liver kidney lung or organ issues that are showing up im not anemic i dont have lyme or rhumetoid arthritris or lupus nothing so far when i was a kid i had mono i was 14 but that was years ago and i didnt have any trouble after until now