Sophia...thinking Of You During Your Prep...

DancingLight

sophia -

SO glad to "see" you online so soon after surgery. your body has obviously been through a lot & it's impressive to see that you're doing as well as you are, though no doubt you must still be exhausted.

glad to hear that the yoga poses came through for you so well to & hope things of all sorts keep moving in the right direction B)

and yep, i can definitely empathize with the bladder discomfort/frustrations as mine never works on its own. a full bladder that won't empty is no fun at all. nor is full anything else that won't empty when it's supposed to. i too have had luck with the glycerin suppositories that someone else mentioned (and was directed to them by my GI doc).

i really hope that once you recover the surgery will bring you some relief...

B) melissa

Delayed overwhelming fatigue reaction.

Have NOT been out of my pj's since getting home. I have done nothing. Today woke up with post exertional malaise and low grade fever of 99. I see the surgeon Thursday for check up and they said low grade can be normal. If it spikes to 101, call them ASAP.

Well, this is a familiar, achey to the bone fatigue when I have pushed too much or done upper body stuff wtih arms.

THEN it dawns on me, in my endeavor to seek out the half cheek squeak (Old George Carlin joke! B) ) and relieve internal pressure, since late saturday night and until late last night, I have gotten on hands and knees. I have rocked gently and then done a prayer like pose lowering upper body to floor . Put head on floor and felt things shift. Then climbed on bed about 15 times Sat night and lay on left side to finish the deal.

Well, then Sunday, I could just do the rear in air, face on ground and get the much needed relief...a tiny bit at a time. So even thought I recline or was in BED since surgery, this kneeling on arms and knees has been EXhAUSTING.

I fell asleep for a couple hours this afternoon and am still groggy.

THIS is how I expected to feel RIGHT AFTER THE SURGERY??? So anyhoo...I am paying for trying to make mysefl feel better...worked in some areas..not so much others.

I thought this was too much of a breeze to get through (NO PUN INTENDED!) and today, reality has set in...I had major surgery.

Thanks for letting me whine. B)

while i wish you weren't feeling so wiped, i have to say it doesn't surprise me. your body's been through the wringer!

take care of yourself as best as you can...

B) melissa

Saw the doctor today and things are going very well.

I NEVER DREAMED I would get thru the initial few days so well., well aside from the bladder not wanting to work and that intestinal "issue" :P It is ALMOST as if the general anesthesia helped me feel better. Very odd but what can I say. When the fatigue greeted me Monday after I woke up, I was stunned....course had a low grade fever but that went away in a couple of days. I expected to feel out of it from the surgery but snapped out of that really well.

Today I drove the one minute to the surgeon's office (VERY HANDY to have him down the hill and around the corner!) and am free to do a lot of things already.

The issues with bladder and bowel have all gotten back to normal.

So, while I realize I don't have the bradycardia or fainting issues some have for concern with anesthesia (get PLENTY of notice before having to lie down) I am really glad I had this done!

I did make myself exercise for a couple months before having it done...or that's when my little exercise program began. Don't know if that helped or if it was just 'good recipe' of general anesthesia.

So the hospital stay and all was a VERY POSITIVE experience and I just wanted to update about that.

:rolleyes: