Cymbalta Adverse Effects- Spaced, Nauseous, Numb Tongue And Fingers

persephone

So, took my first Cymbalta tablet yesterday to help with Fibromyalgia pain. Oh.My.God. within 2 hours- sharpest migraine I've ever had; and intense nausea- myDr had to come to myroom and give me some Buccastem to help the nausea. I then slept from 8 til 4am- and am now absolutely wired- dizzy, heart racing butit doesn't feel benign in the way POTS does. What's worrying me is my tongue- I took some water and I appear to have lost sensation in my tongue! My fingers are also pretty numb.

I guess I'm just wondering if this is a sign of an adverse reaction, or if any of you guys had it when you first started taking it- if it goes away, I guess I could put up with it for a while to reap benefits later on.But if what I'm experiencing is really odd and unique, I'd better stop.

Sounds like you should ask the Dr. I get the numb tongue and whole body sometimes and I know that's my POTS (never tried Cymbalta), sounds like POTS doesnt like the Cymbalta!

I would call your MD. I had a very bad experience with this med, but others have few problems. I know there have been other postings regarding this, so you may want to search.

My experience was not the headache. I passed out from it and had sweating, strange body feelings in general-

Good Luck.

Persephone,

I tried Cymbalta and didn't like it. I have fibromyalgia also. I have tried everything for pain. Nothing works, so if you find something that does, let me know.

I take Lexapro (helps raise bp). It's the only SSRI that hasn't caused me any side effects, except weight gain, but I would rather gain a little weight, a feel a little better.

What was the dose of cymbalta? I was started on 20mg and am probably moving up to 40mg. It has made me much more functional. Another person I know with POTS is also on it (we both see Dr. Grubb and it seems to be his new drug of choice) and she has done so well on cymbalta she quit her beta blocker and feels like her pre-POTS self. I have had minimal side effects except feeling tired when I first started it...

That sounds high and My gut response, non scientific is that you should have been started at the lowest dose of 20 mg. to see how you tolerated it. I though the the max dose is 60mg/day, I think it only has pain management benefits at 60mg, such as for fibro.

What was the dose of cymbalta? I was started on 20mg and am probably moving up to 40mg. It has made me much more functional. Another person I know with POTS is also on it (we both see Dr. Grubb and it seems to be his new drug of choice) and she has done so well on cymbalta she quit her beta blocker and feels like her pre-POTS self. I have had minimal side effects except feeling tired when I first started it...

hey persephone.. I was on cymbalta for a while.. it helped a bit with my bone pain.. but the side effects far outweighted the relief that i got from it.... its a shame that the side effect where so rough.. b/c once the nausea and stuff wore off it the middle of the night I would sometimes get burst of energy.. and like i said it did help with the bone pain to a small degree

from the get go when i started taking it.. I had severe nausea.. and it caused extreme weakness thru out my entire body as well... I believe i started out on 60mg a day.. and went down to 20mh or something like that by the time i went off of it..i was on it for several months.. and everyday after i took it.... i felt like that..

I would talk to you doc and see if these side effect (which sound horrible!) are going to go away. or if this is waht you can expect from the med after taking it.. good luck girly i hope that you can eventually tolerate the med and that it helps you...

hugs