11 Years :(

StaceyYount

11 years how can it possibly be 11 years??? Another year of this stupid illness has passed by and inside I am just screaming inside...11 years when is this going to go away. It is so hard to realize what my life once was and what it is now. I soo want to go and be and do. But my husband said a really great thing he said that you know it is not a bad life...we are together, we are still in love and you have friends and family that love and support you. It is not what we envisioned but it is ok for now. Just watch out when you do get well huh? And that is sooo true. It just has been a kind-of rough patch lately, my energy has not been good and the headaches have been bad, the tachycardia has gotten worse new things crop up... so it is hard to be strong and keep hope. But then I have ok days and I realize I can do some things and I am learning new things ...(naii cize.n...like learning Hindi.. long story lol.) I guess I just needed to say hey my fellow POTsies, if you could send me a little extra strength and love it will help me get through. And tomorrow I will begin the fight again!

11 years how can it possibly be 11 years??? Another year of this stupid illness has passed by and inside I am just screaming inside...11 years when is this going to go away. It is so hard to realize what my life once was and what it is now. I soo want to go and be and do. But my husband said a really great thing he said that you know it is not a bad life...we are together, we are still in love and you have friends and family that love and support you. It is not what we envisioned but it is ok for now. Just watch out when you do get well huh? And that is sooo true. It just has been a kind-of rough patch lately, my energy has not been good and the headaches have been bad, the tachycardia has gotten worse new things crop up... so it is hard to be strong and keep hope. But then I have ok days and I realize I can do some things and I am learning new things ...(naii cize.n...like learning Hindi.. long story lol.) I guess I just needed to say hey my fellow POTsies, if you could send me a little extra strength and love it will help me get through. And tomorrow I will begin the fight again!

Hi Everyone,

I was just diagnosed with Dysautonomia 2 weeks ago after a bout with Mono in February, 2006 and a hysterectomy at the same time, due to doctors misdiagnosis. You can imagine what I am feeling after educating myself on this illness, since my endocrinologist offered no information she just said "You have Dysautonomia, there is nothing you can do about it...I'll see you in three months". My blood pressure does not drop when I stand, so I don't think that I have POTS. I just feel so very dizzy, nauseated and fatigued all the time now...no breaks like I used to have. Sometimes it is so bad that I feel like I am just going to die right then and there. I don't want to sound wimpy, but I am new at this. Does anyone have any information that would be helpful?

Thank you ~ Jodie

it is perfectly normal to mourn but as i know you have heard many times, just keep your head up. just look at the positives in your life. count your blessings, like your husband was saying to you. atleast you know that you are loved and you are told so. it is good to have a support system! good luck to you and i wish you many "good days"!

dionna <_<

Thank you all so much!!!

Stacey--Thanks for checking in. I am glad to hear you have had some ok days, because I know you have gone through many very hard days and weeks. How wonderful that you are learning a new language. I can only imagine how hard life is for you on many days. You are such a strong, beautiful person who has learned to bloom despite the limitations life has handed you. I wish you growing physical strength.

Katherine

Thank you all for your kind words and support it really helped!

I wish you all many good days and soon that they be all good!

stace-

it's a bit (er...a lot) tardy but i just wanted to send some (((HUGS))) your way. i don't have as definitive an onset time/date as you but have a similar timeframe of when autonomic craziness knowingly invaded my life. so i can empathize. i know it doesn't make everything great, but it IS great that you have such a great hubby (i must say i'm a bit jealous!) and while i'm sorry you've been having some rougher days i'm glad that you've had some ok days too. and the language learning is super cool.

i'm technically no longer a fellow POTsie but hope that i can still send some love & hugs your way.

keeo on keepin on...

:) melissa

jodie -

welcome. there is tons of info throughout the site and there are definitely a LOT of things that you can do to treat your symptoms. they may not make things perfect but likely you can - with some trial & error - find a lot of improvement. you may want to post any specific questions in a new post as people aren't likely to see it and/or respond in this thread.

~melissa