Trouble With Sitting As Well As Standing?

We have a very small congregation, usually 25 or so, and we have space for over 100 so I'm not taking up space from anyone. At the moment we are starting to build our attendance back up. I wish we had a "cry room" where I could go but we just aren't that big. Another lady in the congregation has fibro and Lupus so there is discussion of getting a couch to put in one of the Sunday School rooms for times when one of needs to lie down. Once some of the teenagers came to sit by me and one of them told me it was okay to take off my shoes and put my feet on her lap! No, I didn't take her up on it but it is nice to see kids who are understanding.

A seperate bed for each parishioner(had to look up how to spell that!)? We would be the talk of the town. :-) <_<

Stacey :-)

:D You All made my day today after reading this! I can relate to all that has been said. I have more trouble sitting than I do standing where I can move around and get some blood moving.

The "fetal position" - that just cracked me up! I always have my legs tucked up under me or near my chest whenever possible. When standing I usually have one leg bent and my foot propped against my other knee - my friends at work used to say I looked like a flamingo - standing on one leg. Little did I know there was a real medical reason why I was always standing that way!

I have a really hard time at church. I usually sit for awhile and then take my 4 year old out to the nursery where I can walk, sit, lay whatever I need to do. Reclining chairs would be some preachers worst nightmare - alot of people fall asleep during the sermon already <_< .

Oh, my! I often stand in the "flamingo" position too! And yes, I've been teased by my friends about it, but they're pretty cool about all my weirdo symptoms.

I had to give up singing in a choir (one of my all-time favorite things!) because I could not stand during the performances - more than once I had to walk out during a show. More recently, this blasted condition took away my ability to sing at all - and I'm a voice teacher!

I work in an office, so I guess you could say I sit for a living, though I can get up any time. I have more trouble standing than sitting, thankfully. But often I'll tuck one leg under me, or pull one up (a little awkward for the computer work, but it's ok short-term). And then I sit as a pianist and as a sort-of harpist - the benches have no back to lean on and you can't play hunched over, so it can get pretty rough at times. My biggest problem actually comes from not having enough "padding" (I only weigh 94), so my rear end gets quite sore and often goes to sleep! Ugh!

These past couple of weeks have found me again often looking like a gargoyle at my desk - not enough strength to sit up straight! But overall, it's MUCH better these days and often not a problem at all, after replacing table salt with Celtic sea salt, adding magnesium lactate and B6, and completely changing my nutritional habits. It's been a very long road, and I'm still working on it, but after 20+ doctors and getting nowhere, I'm happy to say that I'm doing tremendously better without them than I ever was with them!