Zelnorm

juliegee

Hi Guys,

I've been suffering from severe constipation since June. I drink tons of water, eat loads of fiber and exercise a lot. Even Miralax isn't helping the way it should. My GI doc has prescribed Zelnorm. I'm a bit nervous to take it as I've read that it can exacerbate othostatic hypotension. Is anyone currently taking it? Has anyone had any problems with it? Thanks in advance for your help.

Julie

it's debatable re: how much it's helping me at this point, but it did at one point (GI-wise) and never hurt anything. dr. grubb originally prescribed it for me (and he has said no to many other meds other docs have wanted me to try so definitely doesn't take an "anything goes" approach); my insurance didn't okay it (it was brand new) but last year when my GI doc suggested it and insurance didn't bat an eye it helped bring me out of a very bad time GI-wise (for awhile at least). it took 2-3 weeks for me to notice any difference.

i hope it brings you some relief (and no trouble)...

B) melissa

Thanks guys for sharing your experiences. I tried a half pill this AM. (On top of my regular dose of miralax and stool softners.) I had almost immediate cramps and "D." (Almost as good as a colonoscopy prep!) They lasted a couple of hours. Wonder if my reaction would have been less if I hadn't done my regular constipation meds. I may try again tomorrow AM. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks-

Julie