A New Lap Top Computer For Anniversary!

Maxine

My husband bought a new lap top for me on our 18th anniversary this year---Oct. 8th!

I really needed this--------posting has been really rough lately. Holding my arms up to type has been really hard on my neck and shoulders. It was so thoughtful of him to do this----he knows the struggles I have had for a long time dealing with all of this spine instability, pain---and now the EDS which is really adding more problems to the mix.

Now all we have to do is get it hooked up----hopefully soon---- B) We need to buy the wireless thing---and my brother James will do the rest....... I'm so happy I can lie down and post. I love to research also---which is very time consuming, and I just can't do that anymore sitting up that long.

I'm so excited-------a little bright light in the tunnel of darkness I've been in lately-------pink-panther.gif

Maxine :0)

Glad you got your laptop!

A friend got me one years ago. A godsend for those of us in bed all day or who must recline most of the time.

My friend is a godsend as well...but it makes a quality of life difference to be connected to the outside world with Internet...when we can't see or talk with our real life friends...it's a great tool.

Happy researching and discovering FUN places as well.

Sophia

That's such a great present. I've had my laptop for a year and it's the best investment I have made yet to date. B)

that is fantastic !!!!!!! good job hubby!! on a great gift!

Im so glad that youve got a lap top dear.. i should make emailing and what not abit easier to do!!

happy surfing!

luv and hugs

dizz----OH YEAH! Happy anniversary! you never mentioned it!! 18 years is a long time!! very cool :ph34r:

Thanks for the replies! :)

I have to go buy a router---then I can call my brother to hook things up for me.

I'm so excited----sitting here on the computer is so hard...............

I just never knew how bad this was for my neck and spine problems. It's bad.......

Anyway-----soon I'll be posting from a laying position----resting my neck........

Hello Maxine!

First, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! 18 years is a long time! Congratulations on 'making it', especially with all that you two have endured together.

Second, Yeah! for the computer! It will be nice to see you posting more again and also I know how much you like to be on the internet and computer anyways....so enjoy!

I hope you are able to find a set-up that works for your neck and spine and is comfy. I have a laptop also and it is great, but I do have trouble with positioning. We are working on a set-up (we being my Dad (bailing-wire techniques) and my stepmom (patience, patience, patience)!!!! It is comical. But, I think we've got it almost figure out, so that I can recline in my recliner and not strain my neck to look at the computer screen. I may just have to post a picture of the set-up on the faces site for comedy, as only folks here can understand the things we do to be able to have some qulaity of life! ;)

Later alligator!

Emily

Thanks Emily------- :)

Yes---I'll have to find the right set up. Right now (on my regular computer) I just look down on the key board---and try not to lean my head back. I need to raise the seat on the office chair to prevent neck strain---but then my feet are dangling and can't touch the ground. This makes me feel unsteady like I'm going to tip over if I lean back in the chair.

I'm going to get one of those portable lunch trays, but no legs----and pile up a bunch pillows behing me and position the tray wehre I need it to prevent neck movement of strain. My dad has one---it's basically particle board that's curved to fit nicely on your lap.