Rant..sleepless Nights

Jacquie802

Hi guys,

Just curious if anyone else seems to be having an aweful time sleeping as I am...For the past week the flushing attacks at night have gotten sooo horrible. Now I wake up about 5 times a night and most of the time I am soo hot I feel like I am going to pass out. I can't sleep very goood at all. I don't know if it is the flushing/sweats that are waking me up or what. I have been wearing shorts to bed with a t shirt and sometimes just a t shirt with underwear shorts....I do still have a fan inside that I use but it doesn't help much. :unsure:

Any ideas?

I'm so sorry, Jacquie. It's so frustrating when you can't even get a break while you sleep.

Given that you're feeling overheated, this may not be useful for you, but here it is. I have had a lot of trouble with waking up sweating in the night, and I have found that, counter-intuitively, wearing a light weight pair of sweatpants helps. I think it's partly having something to absorb the sweat between my legs and partly that at night I sweat when I'm cold. I sometimes wake up and I know I'm uncomfortable, but I can't tell whether I'm hot or cold. If worse comes to worst, I look at the thermometer to figure out whether I need more or less blankets.

I hope something helps. It sounds like you're having a really rough time these days.

spike