Florinef

jkapache

Only been on it for about 3 weeks. But noticed that when I take it every day at 5 am and get up at 7 30 . This seems to be good- have alot more energy ect. But when I sleep thru my alarm at 5- and take it maybe around 6 and get up at 7 30 or 8- I never feel the effects of taking it! I know some stuff you have to take it at the same time or it doesnt work... but my dr never said anything about that to me......

Just a thought. You might be feeling different "when you sleep through" because of the AMOUNT of sleep. The difference may have nothing whatever to do with the florinef.

Conversely, you might be feeling better at 5 AM because you are getting LESS sleep, not because of the florinef.

Just something to think about. I don't know in your case.

What I do know is my body is extremely sensitive to the amount of sleep I get. If I get too much, I feel more POTsy.

Wow, I never thought about when I take my florinef, as the doctor never said one way or another. I take my dose first thing when I wake up (which varies day to day).

I'll try to remember to ask my doc next week, if taking the meds at the same time each day will make a difference.

Then, I'll try to remember to share the info! ;)

I take my first dose at 7AM when I get up with my kids for school. Then I go back to bed and feel much better when I get up for the day. (sometime between 10 and noon)

I take my second dose with lunch.

I find that on days I have to stay up in the AM, I don't feel well until a few hours after taking the med.

I also find that if I miss the second dose, around 4 or 5 PM I start to feel really "potsy".

I find if I don't get enough sleep, it doesn't matter what I do, I can barely function. I have never had that happen from "too much" sleep. I honestly don't think I could get too much sleep. I just think I would wake up when I got "enough".

futurehope & Jess... Maybe "too much sleep" for you two is like "down time" for me. I noticed that putting my head lower than my shoulders makes me dizzier upon rising....of course, this makes sense for a number of reasons, but laying in bed for a long period of time, like when I'm sick with the flu, is part of what makes being sick so detrimental to my overall wellness. If I just sick, it's best. Anything that messes with heart rate or bp is bad, bad, bad for me...so bed means lower bp (even for a normal person)...I often faint after reading because concentration lowers heart rate... Any body else here faint after reading? Maybe I should make that a seperate thread.

Any pne taking .2 mg of florinef splitting the dose though the day or taking it all at once? THX

Only been on it for about 3 weeks. But noticed that when I take it every day at 5 am and get up at 7 30 . This seems to be good- have alot more energy ect. But when I sleep thru my alarm at 5- and take it maybe around 6 and get up at 7 30 or 8- I never feel the effects of taking it! I know some stuff you have to take it at the same time or it doesnt work... but my dr never said anything about that to me......