Cerefolin-caremark Wont Pay So I Need Your Help On ..

art3

hi

my internist prescirbed my cerefolin for fatigue and memory, but caremark wont cover it, so we need a letter of medical necessity pointing out specifics on why I need this medication. have any of u had to do a letter for this drug to get it approved? if so email me what u wrote! i mean what studies are there showing this helps us etc.. please let me know asap as it takes 30 days for them to even authorize it..

thanks

art3

One of my friends mentioned to me you can buy Metafolin at ihealthtree.com. You can buy 60 tabs for $5.39 + $5 for S&H = $10.39. You only take one tablet once a day, the bottle would last two months. The cost plus shipping would be $0.16 a day. Thats affordable.

Just something to thing about if your insurance doesn't cover Cerefoloin.

Anybody tried this metafolin?

I remember this came up a few years ago either here or another site with mixed reviews...can't remember the type of Folic acid back then...but many of us can't afford the Cerefolin.

I ordered this stuff and hope it helps.

I know B12 and other vitamins help it work better. I am going to start my B12 shots again, too.

My brain fog is DREADFUL these days and worsening.

Folgard is similar to cerefolin, and perhaps your insurance might cover folgard? Folgard 2.2mg is the prescription strength, and I think you could get a weaker strength over the counter. Another alternative would be to take folate, vitamin B12 and vitamin B6 individually over the counter. You can ask your doctor about the correct amounts of each individual vitamin.

Hope this helps.

Karyn

Folapro, which is over the counter, also has the bio-active form of folic acid. There is an enzyme required by the human body to convert folic acid to a metabolically active form. By taking the metabolically active form, like in cerefolin and folapro, you don't have to worry about problems you may have converting folic acid/folate to the active form.