Husband Going Into Hospital Next Week.

willows

Well hubby's had an uneventful week so far .

His feet are still driving him 'bonkers' with the pain , he's called the hospital and they cannot get him an appointment for ages, he's been put on the priority list ( ha dont make me laugh) but thats still a wait of some 3 months or more.

What I cannot understand is if the hospital know that they have 'messed up ' on his right foot , then why, oh why dont they do something about it right away instead of making him suffer like this .

This unfortunately is having a knock on effect to the rest of hubby's old bod :( his right knee ( which he broke many years ago) is now playing up because of the problems with his foot and the right hip ( which was cut open many years ago ) is joining in ............. B) so hubby is now doing a sort of 'hop....skip....dance ' across the floor when he walks :)

He actually looks rather like a female impersonator wearing to high a heel and having tight underwear on :lol::lol: .......if you get my drift :lol::lol:

Well today he's being good and hoovering the upstairs for me ( thank goodness) he decided he had to do this as fighting his way through the dust, crumbs, hair , all the bits and bobs dropped from putting the Halloween stuff away and other unmentionables small items scattered all over the hall, stairs and bedroom was adding extra stress to his foot as well ...........bless him ;) at least now I can see the colour of the carpet again........its pale grey !

Right I'm off with my trusty helper ( son ) to post a letter .

Willows.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all , I just thought I'd let you know the out come of the operations after all this time .

Well my husbands left foot has healed really well and the pain he had before the operation has gone , he is so pleased with this as he can now walk ( still with a stick ) in comfort .

BUT , his right foot has not healed well at all and he is in far more pain than before the operation , today he saw another consultant as he has been passed from pain clinic to physio and back again in an effort to sort it .............the pain clinic said it shouldn't be painful :( and the physio said that it was not right and he needed to be seen again .

When Mark first had the operation as he got up from his hospital bed he felt something 'GO' in his right ankle , the staff had a look and found a few stitches had come undone , so put steri strips on them , Mark did ask if this was a good idea , for if the stitches went on the outside ........ doesn't that mean they could of gone on the inside as well ? the staff just ignored his suggestion .

HA ! :) well something did go on the inside and that something has now adhered itself to part of a muscle or nerve and poor old Marks foot is a stiff as a floor board and as sore as an open wound ...............he told the consultant unless he did something to help him he would 'do it himself ' what the 'do it' is my husband wouldnt tell me :o but he can hardly walk very far at this time , his foot is giving him so much pain and discomfort and he's so tired from taking twice the amount of time to do things ................. well all I could say to this was ' welcome to my world dear ' B) that shut him up :blink:

So , hubby's now waiting for another appointment about this foot , I do hope its soon as he doesn't bare pain very well and quite honestly between you and I , me hearing hubby going on and on about this foot and what he wants to do to the consultant who did it , well its driving me nuts !

Ami , about to join the squirrels in the garden . :o

• 1 month later...

OMG someone is helping the hubby :o and believe it or not they think they know why he's in so much pain and keeps falling down :angry:

Well apparently when the foot was sewn up a nerve was sewn into the stitching , so everytime the physio or he has tried to bend the foot or even walk normally this nerve has been tugged at .

The consequences of this is that the nerve has now thicken and become somewhat 'over sensitive' :blink: hubby said something else about what it has become but its not printable :lol:

So he's now got three weeks of each 24 hours putting on a large ( about 4 inches X 4 inches) anaesthetic pad , which after a few minutes of first wearing started to make his foot tingle ............... :blink:

Then the next day it tingled and went cool...................... :)

And now this is the end of the first week and lo and behold ............... :P no pain .

Hubby has said he feels like his foot is reborn ..............mmmmmm looks the same to me dear , may be you should get your eye's tested as well .

But honestly and truthfully am I pleased for him , you bet I am , no more falling down with a bang and scaring me or not being able to drive , so he's so much happier with his trundling about the place , mmmmmmmmm. yep , we trundle about here us to like a couple of weebles, but we do fall down ( if you remember the song ) :P

In two weeks time Hubby's going back to see this wonderful consultant and is ...............er..............well ............this is not pleasant..................they are going to trace the nerve and inject right down along and into it :unsure: , with a lot of anesthetic to hopefully kill it off for good or...........and this is the big or ..................mess up his foot for good . :( .

So its fingers , feet ( not legs as you'll get problems ) cross and a case of wait and see what happens next , I will let you all know .

Bye for now from me down here on the pooter (ami) and from him up there snoring like a large saw going through a massive hard tree stump ( Mark) ta, ta and sleep well . XXXXX

Thanks Flop ,

I must say he is far more happier than he has been in the past months , he was getting a right old grouch' and the falling down all over the place was getting him down no end :(

Today .............you know as husbands do , well he sat on the settee with a huge magnifying glass and a pair of tweezers and pulled out a stitch from his foot that he recons has been sticking out of his foot for all those months , but until now he hasn't been able to pull out because of the pain :unsure: .

Blimey imagine walking around with a stitch end catching on your sox's , shoe or even the other foot when you lay down at night :huh: that must have driven him mad , well after a couple of unprintable words and a ohhhhh, ahhhhh and noise somewhat likened to a strangled parrot .............not that I've ever strangled parrot before ! :blink: but anyhow he pulled it out , :P holding it he stood up to show me and dropped the thing , No, I did not rush to find it on the carpet .............I'm not that daft ..............yet .

So in another week or so hubby will be off to have his foot injected , not something I would want done without a couple of stiff drinks inside of me , but then given the fact I'm tea-total and not allowed alcohol at all , the only stiff drinks I'm likely to get would be a thick milk shake or a frozen Ribena :lol::lol::lol: OMG don't make me laugh my left hip has slipped again and it hurts .

So, I'm now going to hobble ( should be wobble with the excess pounds I have around the waist at this time ) off to bed and listen to the melodic sounds of a rusty saw being pulled over a piece of scrap iron every 10 seconds ................mmmmmm isn't married life just wonderful , mmmmmmm its was our 5th wedding anniversary today , blimey thats a lot of sawing up scrap iron , he must have cut something up the size of the Titanic by now ................ wonder where he's hidden it , he does spend a lot of time in the garden B) Willows .

LOL

Willows, I don't know where you get the energy to support it but you do have a fantastic sense of humour. I know I'll usually end up smiling when reading one of your posts, even if you're posting about something that isn't a happy topic. Keep it up - I could do with a giggle now and then :)

Flop

Thank you for your kind words , I am told I do have a somewhat interesting out look on life , but then living with a raving lunatic like my hubby what can you expect :( .

Hubby has just mixed up a magical potion .............called 'cauliflower cheese ' I say mixed up because he follows no recipe and like to add things that are 'unusual' like the time he made his now infamous .............pork and coconut casserole.......:(

Take a tender pork fillet, sliced and browned in a pan, add baby onions, mushrooms and cook well.

Then add some creamed coconut from one of those cans you can buy ..............the word is SOME , being about 1/4 or possibly a 1/3 of a can , add to this stock and milk plus cornflour and some other bits I cannot remember at this time and ...........yummy , yummy a delicious 'pork and coconut casserole ' to have with a wild rice and some quick fried veggies .

Now that sounds nice , edible and something different to have at dinnertime............but oh , NO hubby decided that the SOME creamed coconut must mean .............lots and lots :o this lots was 2 CANS that he 'found' in my store cupboards and decided well 'if its there I'll use it '............. :blink:

That night son , hubby and I sat down to what we where promised by 'the clever chef ' to be an extraordinary experience...........we each took a mouthful ............each started to chew ..............each looked at one another ...........and all three ran to get to the waste disposal fighting over who will be first lucky one to spit it out ..............yuck !

OMG ...............words cannot describe the taste ................I have honestly never had anything so , so , disgustingly , yucky in the 50+ years I've been eating food :lol:

So think of me tonight for in a few minutes time this girl here is to sample the delights of the ' left footed mans' cooking again ...................I just hope we have enough indigestion stuff in the house , 2 X 1 litre bottle enough do you think , well at least he's up and about and happy with his foot at this time, just hope he feels the same after he's eaten his concoction .

Willows. :(

• 4 weeks later...

My husband went to hospital had the injections that hopefully will kill off the terrible pain his has in his left foot.

He was supposed to be at the hospital at 9 am , have the 7 injections and then come home again via hospital transport as I am not able to do much in the mornings first thing ( needed to be ready and done by 7.30 am ) because of my 'stiff as a board ' legs, hips , hands and fingers :blink: ) well anyhow I managed to get up and was pottering about doing my old 'de-stiff-ecation ' bit .....shuffle here , shuffle there , drop things on the floor , spill coffee , you know the everyday sort of thing we all love to do :(

The phone went at 9.45 am ............'hello dear ' small voice of hubby on the line , 'I'm finished already' silence , so I'm thinking hello what is he after ? then another short silence followed by ' er , dearest I was just wondering if by the slightest chance you could possibly , at your own time and only .................. Hello I thought I know exactly what he wants !

'OK .....OK 'I said ' say no more , just sit down by the entrance and I will be there as soon as I can' and hung up .

Looking down at myself I then realised I was in just a huge , vast , elephant size , almost down to the floor , room for 5 more adults and a large dog , preferably not a wet dog that is ........... white fluffy dressing gown and slippers :blink: Oh , well what the heck , I'm sure Devon have seen a lot worse than this out and about , as long as I dont have to get out the car , know one will know :blink: so off I went to get poor old walking wounded one and bring him home to rest .

Having done all this without so much as an inch of my dressing gown being seen by the general public and the 5 other adults and the dry dog all behaving themselves in the car there and back , Mark is now de-frosting and has commented on the fact that he can feel every single injection site and that he would rather not feel every single injection site as they hurt ...........rather ! :(

Mark has to have another set or two of these injections each month until the nerves are no longer 'screaming ' at him 24/7 .

So , in all it was a good morning for hubby and I managed to Collect him from about 18-20 miles away without any mishaps or being seen dressed like a dwarf in a snow mans suit .................... so all was well in Devon . :P

Then .......................... :):P honestly ...........you men , there was hubby on the phone talking to someone and all I heard was

' Oh , yes and Ami came all the way across to the hospital in nothing but a dressing gown and slippers ........ not even knickers on ' :(

OMG.............................let the ground open up and swallow me whole ..........OMG how embarrassing , just let him wait until he thinks he is safe, I'll think of something to re-pay him for that little bit of information between 'guys' ............mmmmm black poster paint around the eyepiece of his camera ? cooked pasta shells in his shoes? sew the legs of his knickers together ( again ) I'll think of something for his kindness .................AMI :P

Oh Ami, what shall we do with that husband of yours?

I was going to type a suggestion of what to wear next time he wants a lift back from the hospital - but I think it would have been instantly moderated out by Nina/Rachel so I have saved them the trouble - you'll have to use that active imagination of yours!

Hope the pain of the injection sites settles quickly and that the treatment plan works for him.

Flop

Willows,

I'm so sorry that you are going through this and even more sorry that your husband is going through his ordeal. I know things are a lot different in the UK then here in the US, but are there any agencies that would provide a caregiver for your husband when he comes home? A day or night nurse. Would your insurance pay for a private nurse? Do you have any other family that might be able to come stay with you for a while till things get a little better for him? Just some rambling thoughts on how to help. I wish I could come help you, but your just so far away.... ;)

I will be keeping you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you the best and him a speedy recovery.

Hugs to you willows.

Nolie

• 3 weeks later...

Having recovered from the cool air blowing through parts that haven't seen daylight before ............hello all again!

Today Marks off to see the doctor today who has taken over from the doctor who first did the operation on his now famous foot !

Marks still on the patches that act like an anesthetic , if it wasn't for theses I think he'd have gone stark staring mad with the pain and now been in some institution having a nice holiday with lots of men in white coats looking after him :)

I think he's due to see the man who injects his foot again soon , but we still dont quite know if they can stop the pain completely or if as I suspect Mark will have to go back in and have another operation to pull out what they think are nerves and ligaments that have somehow managed to grow into the scar ..................oooooooh , crunchy or what <_< .

So this morning its first take Mike to college as he has to be very early , then shoot up to the hospital and then back home to me , by then I may just have managed to get up , shuffle down the stairs and have had a big bowl of fresh pineapple .

I'll let you know what the out come is from seeing this replacement doctor is soon .

Willows .

Well having been to see the doc at the hospital the news isn't good .

At last someone had the guts to own up ............ :)

When Mark first went to see the doctors at the hospital he was told that the operations may not work , could work wonderfully or may make the pain from the problem worse , he was happy to take the 33. 1/3 chance that it would work and so went ahead with the operation.

And now they are saying , 'yes , the operation did work ..........but...........unfortunately in the process of operating the surgeon made other things , things that you never had before this operation cause you pain' .................OMG.

Mark was shocked, stunned, annoyed, angry, indignant ........................words just failed him , but at least this new doctor had the guts to tell him and is now suggesting yet another operation to sort out all that the first surgeon did wrong ! :)

So good was this new doctor .................that he has said ' this is my private secretary's number , if you cannot reach me on this or I don't come back to you within 36 hours...............then you will find me in the pub in your village at the bat on certain nights and just come in and give me a nudge '!!!!..............................mmmmmmm, interesting that , hope he still has a steady hand the next morning !

Mark has now calmed down and is asking me if he should see a solicitor about all this , after all , they first said it would all go away , then the doctor who did the operation who was supposed to me there ................and Mark kept asking to see him over and over again because of the pain ..............well, he'd left just weeks after the operation on Marks foot , but the hospital had been covering his departure up .............why ?

It has taken months and months of pain and suffering to get Mark this far only to be told that the operation was a success but its just that the surgeon cut something else in the effort and thats whats causeing all the pain .

Watch this space , this girl is going to have a search about and see what a solicitor thinks of all this covering up stuff .

Willows.

• 1 year later...

I thought after all this time I'd let you all know how Marks doing 'foot wise' that is.

Well after many , many appointments at the hospital they actually admitted that he had had a bleed in the foot after the surgery , Mark told them at the time something was very wrong , but like most 'know it all hospitals' we the patients dont know what we are talking about , unfortunately Mark did and now because no one took notice of this he has lost the use of his foot by 80% .

This means that as he walks unaided his foot flops instead of picks up as you take a step .

This means that he now falls over his own foot .............. :o so he has this foot + ankle brace to wear on the outside of his trousers which is attached to his boot by way of a special sole in the boot which he stands on then two side braces coming up his ankle bones and this is then attached to a circular brace with Velcro around his mid calf , a bit Ike a old fashioned brace the kids used to have to wear if they had polio.

With Mark getting up early each morning he just doesn't rush to put on his walking boots and so now suffers the consequences almost every day at sometime between 7 am and 9 am or until he's hit the floor enough to force himself to 'boot up '

I know I shouldn't laugh but I cant help it , I lay in bed some mornings and hear Mark go ............

Trundling along the top landing and stop then creak onto the top stair , one , two , three steps down he quietly goes , four, five , six .............then bump... bump ....bump bump bump bump ......splat as he hits the entrance hall at the bottom of the stairs .You then hear muttering and scrummaging about with the occasional word which I wont repeat .....silence .......then the dinning room door opens and Mark starts his walk across the nice smooth wooden flooring , flip, flip, flip ...........BANGand this time the noise coming from him is not so nice and quiet and the words turn the air blue :wacko: well I've got to admit falling smack on my back onto the wooden dining room floor at 7 am in the morning when your half awake and sore from just falling down 6 stairs isn't much fun ...............but as my hubby is know to 'bounce ' and never really hurt himself I tell you what :unsure:

It makes wonderful listening a nd boy oh boy does it kick start my heart to going a bit faster as I roll around th bed creased up with tears running down my face with laughter , that is until a face comes around the bedroom door with a cup of coffee attached to the arm and Hubby with wide eyes watches what I now appear to be doing ...............'er, just looking at the inside of the sheets dear' I lie as only my eyes are showing over the top of the now slightly damp top sheet from where I've been laughing so much .

He knows of course that I lay there in utter laughter as he's caught me doing this before............but then , he does exactly the same to me so he cant moan and in any case half the time he's laying flat on his back on the floor he's creased up with laughter himself .

But , it must look really funny from the windows when the post,man has delivered early mail to our house to find Mark half dressed laying on the floor laughing his head off ......at nothing !!!

Well ours is a somewhat strange house , but exceeding happy or is it just that we are all mental :angry::lol: Nah ..............Ami xxxxx

• 4 weeks later...

And another part of the ...................never ending story ( wounder if I should make it into a movie :lol: )

Mark had to make an appointment to see the foot man again because he needed new braces for his foot , weeks went by and nothing came in the post as promised for a new fitting .........calls made to the hospital ..............no response , time and time again he's called and they , the people in the appointments centre have 'crossed thier hearts etc, etc ' that an appointment is in the post ....................well all I can say is their noses must be so long by now they are falling over them and I hope it hurts!

And today what is this on the horizon ...............an appointment for the fitting of a new brace ....................cheers all around until........................ :angry: its on the same day that my 'Gilbert ' is having his photo taken at Torbay hospital some 30 miles away from Derriford hospital and as we all know 'you can't be in two places at the same time' oooooooooh, dear :) I will not repeat the words that came fourth from the lips of my 'angelic husband' but they where on the lines of : ** !! ^^^ *** "" !! ** &&&%%$ ............and more :o

Needless to say the poor man now has to wander around with a brace on that is no longer giving support and he's doing what I can only describe as a cross between the 'light fantastic ' , ' Hockey -cocky ' and the I now infamous' who moved the stairs again' oh , how I love Christmas and the clutter of the reindeer on the roof tops .................and the clatter of my husband falling top to bottom of the stairs ................ah , it will soon be snowing and what fun I'll have as I pick him up from ice laden-ed paths, slippery stairs and various other walk ways :lol::lol::lol:

Merry Christmas all Ami

• 1 month later...

With 2009 just under 24 hours away my husband has come up with a new and even more exciting game to play , just to keep my son and I amused !

His right foot, which is attached to his right knee which is attached ...........yes , we all know the song .

With his right foot braced and still playing up its having rather an impact on his right knee, he's already got hip problems on this side from having skin, muscle and nerves taken from this when they sorted out his right hand ( here , somethings definitely wrong with this line of talk as its all right sided ) anyhow a few years ago he fell whilst walking and his right knee ( along with its foot and his body attached of course, as a knee can't just go off on its own !) well clever clogs fell into a craves whilst walking in the mountains and his knee went the other way ...............in other words the hinge bit instead of closing backwards ......went forwards . OMG not nice to see ( or hear I should think )

Hubby being 'Mr tough guy' refused an air ambulance and believe it or not pushed his knee back in place ( yes, makes you shudder doesn't it ) and WALKED DOWN THE MOUNTAIN ( silly , stupid, pig headed person that he is ) anyhow it was sorted and he refused an operation on it and he's been having problems since then on and off.

So...........his new game goes like this :

Walk around the bed to get a pair of sox's or whatever from the cabinet and suddenly without warning he lets out a half scream ( rather like a man with turrets syndrome ) and a sort of strangles sound something like you'd get if you grabbed a cat by its tail hard .................and then he disappears ...........er GONE........ :o

This happens on a number of very embarrassing occasions ( which I find exceedingly funny , well I do have a wicked sense of humour which is why he married me , so I'm aloud to laugh)

One such occasion was in our tiny village , most disconcerting if you happen to be near him as he suddenly descends to the ground and rolls around by your feet , I think one old lady thought he was a pervert trying to look up her skirt :blink: and sort of took a swipe at him with her hand bag before she realised it was Mark and he was holding his knee saying 'nice , sweet , kind and loving words about it ' ( oh , yer and I'm a monkeys uncle)

Another time he was in the local Co-oP by the bread counter when he happened to disappeared , which had customers peering around by the eggs wondering if by any chance an electric current had been 'hooked up ' to the counters 'just for a laugh ' to see what customers would do if they touched it ?????

But the best for me is when he does it in the front garden ( we have a number of trees, shrubs and bushes ) when he suddenly disappears only to 'pop up' about 5 minutes later like some demented 'jack in the box' covered in leaves and with bits of twigs in his hair ( what hair?) and I live in great hope that he might at some point just fall down slightly to the 'right side of the path' straight into the pond and make a really good event of it ( I'd be out there with a vidoe camera in 2 seconds )

I did put this all down to his age ( mid to late 50's) or possibly his hormones , as it couldnt be the 7 year itch ( we've been married 7 years now ) because boy oh, boy I've never in my life seen an itch affect a man like this before.

Happy new year all , think of me with my 'jack-in-the-box' husband over the coming days bringing me my morning coffee.........empty cup.............orange juice ...........empty glass .

But most of all think of tonight as he brings me that special glass of champagne at midnight to celebrate the coming of 2009 and another wondrous , eventful, interesting and somewhat tearful( stop laughing will you ) new year ..............oooooooooooops cloth dear !!!!!!!! :blink::o:(:(

Ami xxxxxxxxxx

• 3 months later...

An update on the 'magical dancing husband' :blink::lol:

The what you'll say ????????

Well poor old hubby having had to have a brace fitted to his right ankle becuase the hospital have wrecked his foot control have set off a sort of 'chain reaction' :)

Who's seen the Walt Disney film 'Bambi'???????

If you have you'll know exactly what I'm talking about and will be able to picture hubby doing this marvellous dance , for those who haven't seen the film well....................when Bambi is born like most small spindle legged animals he has to learn to walk and there is a very sweet section in the film where Bambi stands up for the first time and does a sort of legs out in all directions , crossed over , the splits and goes sliding across the ice before falling flat on his nose.......................so now picture a 6 foot 1 inch and 13 stone man doing just that :o

Here for you to try at home is the fancy footwork needed to impress your friends and family should you decide to put on a display of this epic dance :lol:

1: Sit up from bed at 6 am in the morning .

2: Fall from bed onto floor and say a few sweet words to wife to welcome in another glorious day ............yer , right :unsure:

3: slowly drag yourself to bathroom making sure you crash into walls , clatter off a few picture frames on the way just in case son didnt hear you fall out of bed .

4: Make way down the stairs in a manner befitting that of Charley Chaplin , dont forget to loose balance on bottom step and hit the radiator causeing a nice melodic metal banging that Eco's around all house radiators on the way into the lounge.

5: Catch sleeve of dressing gown on the doorknob of the lounge door forcing yourself still in the dressing gown to be catapulted back onto the outside of the lounge door so fast you crack your head on the door frame .

6: Stagger into lounge dazed from the crack on the head and slid onto the laminated flooring where having no ankle brace for support you take part in the dance of the ' Semi conscious man with slippery feet and a knee that is now giving way '

7: dont forget when your legs give way and slid to the right........you lean very quickly to the left catching your head on the book case and knocking off more pictures,books and that half full cup of now very cold coffee you left from last night , when at last you do land flat on your back legs almost over your head in a very modest manner ..............dont forget to call out in that tender voice Mike and I know so well at 6 am in the morning .........................ooooooops dear I've slipped again ( or words to that effect )

And so my wonderful hubby is about to be limb by limb recreated in steel ( or thats what he claims is going to happen ) as poor old hubby is now about to be fitted with a knee brace as well .Apart from this his right hip is also slowly falling apart , which in my book doesn't leave much on the right side that works well at all , so now when we go out its case of right ankle brace, right knee brace, surgical support stockings , a back support and his new false arm with its stick attached , followed by glasses ( more problems with right eye than left )

All I can say is that at this rate there will be more metal than Mark coming out with me most days and I do hope he doesn't get rusty or get squeaks in his new joints , its bad enough at night laying next to him when he's doing his 'Darth Vader' breathing act with the speacil sleep apnea mask he has to wear and him still trying to do a complete 360 degree turn only to finds out that its not me trying to strangle him , but its him doing it all on his own , mind you some nights after the Darth Vader heavy breathing and the other strange noises coming out of him ........or possibly the mask ...........my mind does wander to a 360 degree turn around his neck ................but only for a split second ....................you've just got to love him .

And they say I'm the mad one in this house :(

Ami ..........................as mad as a box of frogs .xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ami,

Thank you for letting us know how things are going with your family. You have such a wonderful way of giving updates while eliciting tears of laughter, pain, and sympathy at the same time! Thank you for your beautiful perspective on situations which might keep others from getting up in the mornings... :) , Janie

• 2 weeks later...

On Tuesday 5th may Mark at last gets his knee brace fitted and ............having been to see his consultant about his sleep apnea he was told that he should never of had his drivers licence taken away from him :o and the consultant also went on to say it wasn't him who told the DVLA to stop him driving , in fact the consultant was quite shocked and surprised to hear that Mark had been told not to drive .

Mark has never been even drowsy at the wheel , had an accident because of this sleep problem and if they hadn't of tested his oxygen levels after I told them that something wasn't right at night , they would never have found out that Marks heart stops in the night .........and only in the night .

So today I'm filling out tons of forms in an effort to get him driving again OMG it will be better than anything as having to drive the family to everything is causeing me such problems and I've had more attacks of POTS and infections etc this past few weeks than I've had in the last 6 months when Mark was driving :(

I've had to call my local GP out from the middle of a morning surgery to inject me as I was so ill ( this was the first time he'd ever seem me in a full blown POTS attack and it shook him he told me a week later ) I've had a really nasty ear infection , which I'm still on antibiotics with , I've had the most terrible digestion problems and everytime I've been out somewhere by the time we have all come back all I've been able to do is literally crawl up the stairs and go to bed without anything to eat or drink as I'm tottally and utterly wiped out and have the strength for nothing else .........and the hospital appointments that they keep sending to us are some stupid times like 9 am ............. :angry: er...hello ..........we live around an hour away from the hospital and I take around 1+ 1/2 hours to get up , get myself together , take all my drugs and be able to walk let alone drive , so this means I have to get up and get showered and all the rest at some stupid time like 5:30 am or 6:00 am or we dont get there .

Anyhow Mark will be able to walk better and hopefully Not fall down quite to much with the new brace .

I'll try and do a link from here to our photo sit when he's all sorted so you can see the whole of my mechanical hubby in the flesh .

Ami xxxxx