Cat Nip For Insomnia And Headaches

Guest dionna

in the past 4 days i have only gotten 10 hours of sleep and my migraines are starting to really hit me. the migraines bring more dizziness and i am much more lightheaded. my cousin suggested that i make a cat nip tea with honey in it. i was just wondering if anyone has heard of this or if anyone has tried it. i am making it now but i just want to make sure that i am not going to have a bad pots reaction or just to know if it has helped anyone else. if it does help me with little or no side effects i will definately post the instructions. i will post how it was regardless.

looking for some zzzzzzzzzzzs.

dionna :)

Hi

I have never heard of humans taking catnip. For insomnia I take melatonin 1/2 of a 3mg tablet. I don't have any side effects. Better sleep always helps my migraines. If you are looking for other natural things, magnesium 400 to 500mg daily works wonderfully for prevention of my migraines. It can cause diarrhea in some people. Its benefit has been supported by clinical trials. It can take up to 3 months to kick in. Good luck. I hope you get some rest.

Karyn

Hi Dionna,

how are you making out with the tea? It's been used by people for a very long time, and has something in it similar to valarein which acts as a mild sedative and is also supposed to help with digestion. Also, it has been used for headaches, so maybe it will help a little with that for you? I hope it does something for you, it's awful not being able to sleep. Makes all of your symptoms that much worse! Let us know how you're doing!

Hi Dionna,

how are you making out with the tea? It's been used by people for a very long time, and has something in it similar to valarein which acts as a mild sedative and is also supposed to help with digestion. Also, it has been used for headaches, so maybe it will help a little with that for you? I hope it does something for you, it's awful not being able to sleep. Makes all of your symptoms that much worse! Let us know how you're doing!

i tried the tea, i tried it with sugar, i tried it with honey. honestly i couldn't stomach it. it made me almost vomit and i was sick for a little bit. about 12 hours later though i did get about 6 hours of sleep. today i slept the most i have in 5 days, 8 hours straight. so i am feeling better. i gave in and took an extra neurotin and an extra advil migraine and of course i take 2 or 3 800s of motrin everyday anyway for my aches and pains. i felt a lot better with my migraines. it is really strange but i haven't even been in a bad mood since i haven't been able to sleep much. i did get into one little thing with my brother, but it was very short lived... 5 minutes. i was mad cause he was taking forever to take me to the store when he promised me he would take me at 9 am. it ended up at 2pm. i could have done other things instead of sitting and waiting. that is why i got mad. i also feel better physically other than the headaches--- i have more energy

odd.

thank you.

dionna :unsure:

my cousin that gave me the receipe (for the life of me i can't spell that today-- it just doesn't look right no matter what letters i use) for the catnip ordered me some herbal tea off the computer--- she doesn't know when it will be in but i will be a guinea pig again and try it out. try anything once i say. whatever i am stupid! i'm crazy! i will let you all know how it goes. yeah the catnip was horrible... no mint taste. i added sugar and honey... i think that was the biggest mistake!

dionna :)