Helpful Hint For Compression Hose

ellen

Thanks for the helpful advice. Today was the first time I tried putting them on and they about kicked my butt! I was so exhausted after getting them on I had to lay down for a while therefore delaying my need to even being wearing them at the time! For some reason they decided to bunch around my foot like a giant rubber band and I couldn't pull them higher without a struggle. I haven't felt much better yet, but maybe it takes time.

Tammy

For the first week, I had to lie down for 10 or 15 minutes after putting on my stockings. And I'm only wearing knee-highs! I think it took me about a month to really get the hang of it so that I can consistently put them on without getting them bunched around my legs.

The guy I bought them from showed me how to put them on and made sure I could do it before I left the store. He even gave me a pair of extra-grippy rubber gloves in case I needed them. If it would be helpful, I could try to write up his instructions.

Spike

My compression hose came with a slipper-like thin, shiny, slippy thingy that you put over the toe of one foot and then pull the hose over the slipper-like thingy.

To work the hose up the leg, do not try to bunch them up like you would panty hose. Rather put on a pair of rubber gloves, the kind you would wear for house work and rather than grip the hose, use the plams of the hands on the outside of the hose to simply work it up the leg a little at a time. When the hose is completely on the leg, then pull the shiny slipper-like thingy out the toe hole. The slipper-like thingy has a grab tab for this purpose.

Then put the shiny slipper-like thingy on the other leg and start over.

There must be a name for the slipper-like thingy but I don't know what it is.

:huh: Hey, you'd think they would give us something easy to put on, but when you are potsy, nothing is easy. I have to lay down and put one leg up in the air at a time (no laughing aloud) and pull the stockings on towards me. I also have to recuperate for about 15 minutes before I can do anything else. I can't get them on sitting up, I get too out of breath. :huh:

My compression hose came with a slipper-like thin, shiny, slippy thingy that you put over the toe of one foot and then pull the hose over the slipper-like thingy.

the shiny slipper-like thingy on the other leg and start over.

There must be a name for the slipper-like thingy but I don't know what it is.

Jan, could you give us the brand name of your hose? That thingy sounds so helpful- but don't you need an open toe to pull it through? I found the open toe squeezed my toes so tight, they swell up, so I switched to closed toe.

But I would sure like to try anything that could help get them on :unsure: ! Thankyou!