Need Poor Man's Tilt Table Test Procedures Immediately!!!

rmmikesell

My problem was originally found by a pulmonologist.... but he was also a board certified internist, ER, and family practice doc. Once he acertained I did not have a pulmonary emboli - causing the severe shortness of breath - he started looking elsewhere.

I laid flat on the table for 10 minutes. He took my blood pressure and pulse while I was lying down.

Next, he had me sit up and did the same thing.

Next, he had me stand and again did the blood pressure and pulse. After he did the standing reading, he kept his fingers on my pulse and started explaining it to me - he said that as I was standing there he could feel my pulse get faster!

At each stage, my B/P went down and my pulse went up.....

Hope this helps!

One of my doctors did the poor man's tilt: he hooked me up to a machine that automatically reads blood pressure and heart rate at periodic intervals. It also did the ekg like tracing. I forgot what this machine is called. Laying down, sitting up, and then standing--all with at least a 3-minute interval. Standing was monitored about every 2 minutes. He was able to print out a record of the results. He preferred this ttt because it more closely mimicked daily living. He had me stand for as long as I could before really becoming symptomatic.

Lois

The machine is a dynamap.

Lois