Made It Through My First Real Day Back To Work

MightyMouse

Hi everyone,

I survived the first day back to work where the kids were there too... omg, what a day... I was so dizzy and nauseated by the end of it that I just wanted to curl up on the cold linoleum and have some one wake me in the morning. I had worked a few days prior to today, but it was just all the teachers, aides and me--easy stuff, no standing much or walking much. Today the new kids kept me hopping... just thankful that they kiddos didn't all misbehave at once (for those who don't know, I'm a behavior analyst with kids w/ autism).

I've also been pretty ill the past 6 weeks or so, with Michelle and Melissa (as sick as she was/is) pinch hitting for me here much of the time. My double ear infection and sinus infecting had been really kicking the heck out of me. I'm currently coming off a second round of steroids, this time to stop an allergic reaction to one of my very last antibiotics. Unfortunately, as the steroids leave my system, I feel dizzier and sicker than usual.

So, that's about it for now--just wanted to let you know that if I seem less chatty in my posts and replies, it's nothing personal--I'm just whooped on too many levels to talk about.

Nina

Congratulations on making it through your first REAL day, with the kids there. I pray each day gets easier for you. Coming off steroids make everything seem so much harder.... Hang in there & thank you for being here for us.

Hugs-

Julie

Hi everyone,

I survived the first day back to work where the kids were there too... omg, what a day... I was so dizzy and nauseated by the end of it that I just wanted to curl up on the cold linoleum and have some one wake me in the morning. I had worked a few days prior to today, but it was just all the teachers, aides and me--easy stuff, no standing much or walking much. Today the new kids kept me hopping... just thankful that they kiddos didn't all misbehave at once (for those who don't know, I'm a behavior analyst with kids w/ autism).

I've also been pretty ill the past 6 weeks or so, with Michelle and Melissa (as sick as she was/is) pinch hitting for me here much of the time. My double ear infection and sinus infecting had been really kicking the heck out of me. I'm currently coming off a second round of steroids, this time to stop an allergic reaction to one of my very last antibiotics. Unfortunately, as the steroids leave my system, I feel dizzier and sicker than usual.

So, that's about it for now--just wanted to let you know that if I seem less chatty in my posts and replies, it's nothing personal--I'm just whooped on too many levels to talk about.

Nina

I give you lots of credit. That is a long day with kids. I can barely do the two hours of watching over them during recess, I have a 2nd and 4th grade class to look after. Standing for those hours, takes a toll on my legs and of course the good old heartrate too.

Hope you are feeling better after the infection and just think, tomorrow is TGIF and we can all relax and sleep late on Saturday. I am looking forward to that :)

Nina,

Hugs to you.

I'm off-line and hate it! I miss everyone.

I wish it wasn't you and Melissa so sick trying to take care of all of us too! We all understand if you need to be more quiet and more succint in your posts...

Just know you are loved and appreciated!

BTW, do you know, now that you are back at school, if there is a stomach bug going around????? UGH!

Sending you extra super powers...

Em

Congratulation on going back to work. I love the distraction that work provides, however, it can really knock me out. Best of Luck. It must be tough to have such a physically demanding job. I am lucky that I can work from home when I don't feel well. I am impressed that you can do your job.

We are a tough bunch!!!

Rhonda

Day two was just as busy as day one--I'm so tired. I can't wait to sleep tonight... ahhh... it's the weekend.

My ear is starting to crank it up a couple of notches painwise, but at least I know I can head over to the ent for help if I need it. It's looking like tubes in my ears will happen soon--I have to fly in Oct and can't imagine how much that would hurt if the fluid doesn't have a place to go.

Yeah, coming off of steroids is a bummer--being on them is a bummer to b/c I can't sleep well, I'm hungry all the time and mean, mean, mean. Now I'm tired, dizzy, cranky/irritable, nauseous, and tachy-er than usual.

thanks for all you cheers and support--nina

Nina-

just wanted to say I hope you are soon having better days-- could tell you still were not doing well. Many are just not doing well right now.

Please take time to heal those ears before your flight. Are the ear tubes scheduled soon?

Well, here's looking forward to your next school vacation day----- ;)

Nina,

Glad you got thru the first couple of days.

Somebody mentioned Mouseketeers Nina and i thought I would post this for you.

I know you are too young to remember the original Mickey Mouse club but I do.

I hope you are able to sleep and just veg out all weekend. The ear and sinus stuff has got to be a major drag on everything else.

I hope you can find some relaxing time coming off the steroids. Try not to 'sperience much roid rage.

mmccar1.jpg

Be kind to yourself in the next couple of days M Mouse.

Sophia

Hehehehehe :huh: mousekateers... :) Actually, the Mickey Mouse Club was still in black and white when I was little--color TV's and color broadcasts were more common as I entered school. thanks for the picture!

Yes, my next ent appt is scheduled for Sep 27 - and if my ears are still bugging me that day, the doc said he would do the tubes in the office, at least in my right ear, which has been the most bothersome. It would help to be able to sleep on that side again for more than a few minutes before the pain wakes me up. I fly the following week to Cleveland for a wedding (Fishy, sunfishy, I think you'll have left town before my arrival, so no visiting...wah!)

I've been trying very hard to stay off the pain meds--my body is in the "react to everything" mode since being on zithromax 3 weeks back, and I don't want to lose my one and only heavy-hitter pain relief.

I want to stay in bed all day, but I need to get my body moving because Monday seems to come so fast and my body needs to stay accostomed to a schedule, even if a lighter schedule.

Nina

Oh Nina...as always you amaze me! I hope that you're ears and everything else are feeling better soon...sounds like those tubes will give you some much needed relief. Congrats on making it through you're first few days at work...I know how trying and rewarding it is to work with autisitc tykes (I was an SLP)..so give yourself a gentle pat on the back and get some much needed rest this weekend!! :huh: