We Are Moving!

David and I have been toying with the idea of moving for a while now, and we were going to put our house on the market mid-June. So we talked to a realtor the other day, and decided to go ahead and list it :D We have been knee-deep in paperwork, etc...for the past two days and the house will be officially "For Sale" on Monday. Yikes!! I am sooooo stressed- but it's a good stress. I can't wait to move down to FL near my parents- although there is a small chance David will be getting a promotion soon, and if he does we might just move closer in to his work (he is commuting an hour right now- yuck!).

Anyhow I just wanted to share my good news! I spent the afternoon yesterday doing yard work and claeaning up the house...ttoday we are getting the carpets cleaned and I've got to get it ready for "show". Sigh....lots of work ahead! I wonder how long it will take to sell? The realtor said houses in our neighborhood are going in less than 24 hours if the price is right. Somehow I have to try not to stress too much :)

Well, I'm off to go do some more cleaning...

Good luck!!! We tried to sell our last house while our new one was being built, but we only had 3 months and it didnt sell so we are renting it out right now because we couldnt afford to pay 2 mortgages at once. I hope that your house sells soon, but and that your boyfriend gets that promotion.

Jessica,

Congratulations on your decision to move--either close to your parents or close to David's work if he gets that promotion. You sound like you hae a burst of energy and are a whirling dervish trying to get your house ready to "show."

Don't exhaust yourself too much!

Maybe you'll be closer to outside the Beltway so we can meet. I still haven't ruled out a meeting place in Leesburg!

Feel good!

Just remember to take care of yourself during the process. My experience with selling houses is that IF you want it to sell quickly, it will take 3 months and IF you are in no hurry, it will sell in under a week!!

Good luck whether it is FL or the promotion. I am sure you have mixed emotions at this time.

Congrats, Jessica. Making a decision can be freeing sometimes, huh? These are fragile times as you wait to hear which direction you'll move, but you sound like you have all the strength and flexibility you need to find your joy, wherever it may be. Take 'er easy,

Merrill

PS keep us posted on what happens next! I know you will... :angry:

Guest tearose

Good luck Jessica! I'm just at the start of the packing process! We sold the first day on the market! It took three weeks of cleaning and organizing but it was worth the work. I totally understand how exausting it can be to get the house "ready to show" every day so I hope you get a buyer fast! I know you want to be closer to work and family so I hope you find the change is just what you wish for! Have you found your new home already? For Monday, put out a couple of flowering plants or fresh flowers on the kitchen/dining tables and spray the rooms with a light citrus spray...Happy Open House! tearose

Good luck Jessica! I went through that about a year ago and it sounds like a lot of us have had to make that decision; but tearose is right - it is freeing to just make the decision. It sounds like either place you move to would be an improvement to your circumstances so I am very glad for you.

Thanks for all your kind words as we embark on this stressful journey :angry: Yesterday we got the carpets cleaned, put in new light fixtures, stained the deck, and David even allowed me to get a Maid service to come in and "deep clean" which was WONDERFUL!! That allowed me to concentrate on the other things that need to be done- I completely renovated the flower beds out front and put a cute lil' white picket fence around them and some flowerpots on the front stoop and the deck in back...why didn't I do this a year ago for us?! It looks really great and although I am exhausted, I think it's ready to show. My big project for the weekend is to tackle all the closets, as they are a mess and you can't hide stuff in them when your house is for sale (don't ya hate that?).

Ethan is having fun running behind me and making messes as I try to keep everything spotless.

Anyhow...I can't wait to see what happens. We are not in a rush to move at all, so we are expecting it to take a few months to sell because we priced a little higher than the realtors wanted- based on market value in our area. I will keep you all posted on what happens!!

Tearose- best of luck with your moving process too!!

Congratulations Jessica (and tearose) on moving! We moved about a year after I got sick with POTS, and I actually helped in the move! My heart was beating a million miles an hour and I was completely exhausted afterward, but I did it. Hope all goes well for you!

Michelle

Congrats Jessica, it sounds like good things are happening in your life either way! I remember when I moved, I had months to prepare to move out, and I had everything packed and labeled and I did it a step at a time.That was really easy, and everything went smoothly. But when I was really sick and moved back with my Mother, I had to be out ( or so the landlord said), so I had to pack up a whole apartment full of furniture and stuff and move it all in one day, with no boxes,(think garbage bags) and I wasn't able to get a U-Haul truck. I made about 15 trips that day. You sound like you have alot of help and support though, so i'm sure things will go great for you! Just continue to do what you can, a little at a time!