Excessive Urination: Polyuria

smiles

Any one else have excessive amouts of urine output without the same amout of intake? I have it so bad that I have a catheter. I can't tell when my bladder is that full and that causes horrible problems (I won't go into detail now). I have other autonomic issues that don't fit neatly into a diagnosis box. They tested my pituitary gland and my problem doesn't appear to be hormonal from my pituitary. More probably it appears to be an autonomic dysregulation. Help! That doesn't sound very good.

I have excessive urination...but I also drink alot so it's the "chicken or the egg" scenario with me. I've had just about every test on the planet and no one could find anything wrong with my bladder or hormones either. My theory is that my blood volume is so low that it makes me thirsty all the time and my excessive urination is just a result of drinking the 4-6 liters of fluid a day :P

well not all the time but sometimes i do have to go frequently and i do have a lot that comes out. i had more of that maybe january - august of 2005 . now it has diminished significantly. the people i used to work with would tease me because i was going more frequently than all the pregnant girls combined. perhaps it will just go away with time like mine did. the doctors told me it was because of the large amount of fluids i was drinking and then in the same conversation they would suggest i was dehydrated because of the tachy. sigh... no wonder it took so long for a diagnose.

in the mean time i hope everything comes out okay and that it isn't anything more serious than just a nusaince (spell checker--- i know that is wrong).

dionna :)

Guest Mary from OH

Smiles,

Have you seen a urologist? I was diagnosed with neurogenic bladder, which goes right along with all the autonomic problems. I'd make an appt with a urologist who specializes in women's urology problems. Just my .02. Good luck to you.

I'll have spells of polyuria, usually following an adrenaline rush and it will go on for about two or three hours and even if I haven't had anything to drink that day, I'll pee huge amounts constantly the whole time. I always wonder where all the fluid comes from, very strange!

Tammy

Interesting! Thanks Y'all.

I have seen a urologist and had the IVP an the cystoscope and all looked well. My family doctor and I fired my first urologist and am waiting on my appt. with my new uro. (old uro. told me there was no condition he knew of that you needed to drink alot of water for so I should drink less. He said it was impossible for me to have more output that intake. I guess I got him when I started recording and every day had more output than intake and several times a week I'd have 1700ccs more output than intake along with all my crazy symptoms.)

They talked about intermitant neurogenic bladder cuz I lack the sensation sometimes that my bladder is full.

I don't think I have symptoms of CFS. haven't really looked into that but I'm not just fatigued.

It does seem like it often happens all in a few hours. Then it takes me all day to recuperate from all of my other symptoms.

My 13 y/o son definately has this! He doesn't have POTS, but another orthestatic intolerance- NMH and CFS. It's such a pain when we try to do a car trip :) .

Interesting! Thanks Y'all.

I have seen a urologist and had the IVP an the cystoscope and all looked well. My family doctor and I fired my first urologist and am waiting on my appt. with my new uro. (old uro. told me there was no condition he knew of that you needed to drink alot of water for so I should drink less. He said it was impossible for me to have more output that intake. I guess I got him when I started recording and every day had more output than intake and several times a week I'd have 1700ccs more output than intake along with all my crazy symptoms.)

They talked about intermitant neurogenic bladder cuz I lack the sensation sometimes that my bladder is full.

I don't think I have symptoms of CFS. haven't really looked into that but I'm not just fatigued.

It does seem like it often happens all in a few hours. Then it takes me all day to recuperate from all of my other symptoms.

Guest Mary from OH

See a better urologist!!! It totally sound like you needed to fire your first! And your second was a little better, but not quite there... There are much better studies they can do!!! Also, symptoms of neurogenic bladder can be going too much and not being able to go; I have both!!! Obviously at different times. You need to have different, more complicated studies done.