That Testing Was Awful!

relentless

I was feeling pretty good except for lack of food-water-and coffee. Had the tilt test and thought "this is going nowhere". I had instant nausea which progressed to a headache. I'm usually dizzy and get periods of blurred vision every day, so who can tell if you're "more" dizzy or not? I have a neuropathy and weakness in my legs so they had to tense really tight to hold me up.

The tech said 14 more minutes, and if they didn't get the results they were looking for, they'd give me a shot of nitro (?). I was getting really hot flushes and more dizzy. My BP dropped to 90 or something and then it just disappeared and the machine went off. He tried twice to get a BP and then quickly lowered the table. I thanked him for not waiting till I threw up or passed out :-)

It was worse as the table was dropping and then he lowered it below flat so my head was down. I yelled to stop that's FAR enough, because my head felt like it was going to explode and awful nausea. I begged him to release the belts on my legs so I could bring them up, which helped.

I don't know what my BP was doing then, but we waited awhile and then I sat on the edge of the table. It dropped again and the BP cuff got pumped up to 256 looking for a BP. omg squeezed the crap out of my arm. I told him to not worry about it because I always feel like crap and manage the best I can. I had another test.

I told him I appreciated him not taking me over the edge and he said once my BP went to 80 they had all they needed, so I don't know what the test will tell them. He told me to rest, drink gatorade (no thx) eat lots of salt and eat a good meal.

That was the end of the torture or so I thought.... the nuclear stress test I had an hour later was awful! They give you a dye and take a heart xray in an open MRI looking machine. My frozen shoulder was put where it doesn't go (ouchies!) while the machine did it's thing for 10 mins....

Then they took me out of the machine and injected me with adenosine (?) OMG OMG OMG!! I got dizzy and blurred vision and thought oh crap. That was nothing compared to what came next. My chest felt like it was crushing and I could barely breath. I begged them to stop with a few swear words thrown in!! It would come in waves and hit me again and again. Like an elephant on my chest. OMG did I swear for them to stop. "2 more minutes" "40 secs more".

It took a minute or more to wear off when they were done. Then they waited about an hour and took more xrays. Weird because I thought the point was to xray at rest and again WHILE my heart was under stress. I sure hope they knew what they were doing and got the results they need from both tests to figure out what the heck is going on and help me, because I don't EVER want to go through that again.

I loaded up on coffee and salt at Wendy's on the way home. Man I couldn't wait to get out of there.

been there done that a couple of times. worse torture of my life. i am sorry you had so much pain. hopefully they found out everything they needed to so you don't (gulp) have to do it again.

dionna ;)

been there done that a couple of times. worse torture of my life. i am sorry you had so much pain. hopefully they found out everything they needed to so you don't (gulp) have to do it again.

dionna ;)

I don't know how you guys stand having the tests mulitple times! There is no way I will ever subject myself to those tests again. It's time for them to **** or get off the pot. First it was Sick Sinus Syndrome, now who knows. Either they're sharp and put 2+2 together or they're not. I have little patience if they're not. Doctors love to run endless tests when they don't have an answer.