Does Anyone Have Neck,shoulder,arm & Hand Pain?

DSM3KIDZ

I seem to be having neck/upper back pain that radiates to my shoulders down to my hands. It's been going on for a few days now but I didn't strain it or anything and I even went to my chiropractor with no relief.

I'm really nervous because I don't want another chronic symptom. Does Fibro hit overnight?

I'm probally stressing out because I always do when new sx pop up. Do you guys freak out everytime a new sx arises?

I see alot of you have pain issues I was just wondering if this sounds familiar.

Dayna

Dayna,

I am fairlly new with this conditon, but I have experienced these pains also. I believe some of my pain is related to the Florinef which depletes potassium. Low potassium can lead to muscle pain therefore I have been having my potassium level checked (simple lab work - blood test) I also have been taking an OTC potassium supplement. I have also started taking Glucosamine Chondroitin & MSM (Combination supplement) for join health. This too has also seemed to help me. I learned of this through a previous post. Sometimes I try to not over analyze the aches and pains, I am 42 and try to belief somethings are just my body getting older.

Kelly

dayna,

i have (upper and lower) back problems as well, and neck and arm pain. i don't have any idea why, i just have it. my pt is treating me weekly for this and that helps for a few days. i was wondering if it could be caused by a lack of movements or anything like that.

hope you'll find relief soon,

corina :)

Dayna...Hang in there girl :D ...It happens to the best of us...it is all part of this crazy stuff.

You are not delusional these are REAL things that happen to us..one minute it is one thing the next it is another.

Watch out for chiropractors...not always a good thing for patients with DYS.

Bee

I can only say that for ME I saw a chiro when I was having the pain in arms and back and such and especially the neck...after seeing two reputable docs on Dys. I was told that I should not return that it can make things worse. Now I must say that there are always conflicting opinions in this..and massage therapy I had cranial-sacral done for muscles spasms and I felt good for a few hours but then in two or three days felt I couldn't walk..remember this is just my experience. But if oyu have something nerve related or muscular it could make things alot worse for you Dayna.

I was told it was the coat-hangar effect from POTS and also neuropathy..(hands,feet,arms,etc)...it can be different areas at different times. But usually if my shoulder,arm,hand hurt it is only on left side.

How are your potassium levels and such are you keeping things balanced .I know you have gastroparesis but I know this stuff is alot worse when my electrolytes are out of whack.

Heat and ice alternating might help??(moist heat if muscular)

Bee

Well I'm taking a vicodin and going to bed. I know it will make my POTS symptoms worse but I'm at a lose as nothing seems to be helping except my husbands massage and his hands are all tired out.

I'll pray for a better tomorrow...........for all of us

Thanks Bee......I think the chiropractor did this to me

Dayna

Sorry to hear that....I also have horrid neck, shoulder arm, finger pain. It comes and goes....I guess to a point most of us just accept these things. I will wake up some days feeling like somebody broke my neck and back in they morning then tried to glue me back together ( I know it sounds strange) All I can say is drink plenty of water and on days your real sore don't overdue anything!

Hope you find some answers

BallroomA

I went to a chiropractor in 1995, but I went for my hips/pelvis area---because it was displaced from the birth of my son----very narrow pelvis----and somewhat narrow hips.

I would never recommend one for the neck-shoulder area at all---this is such a delicate area, and if you have something wrong in this area---it could be made worse, and it could affect your dysautonomia in a negative way.

Bee is on the right track :):blink: ---heat for muscle pain, and Ice for any other type pain. Ice works well for my neck/cranium area. I have a lot of upper spine issues---and I already had one surgery. I just feel your going into unknown area's, and if you have an undiagnosed condition with your neck, a chiropractor could make it worse, and you may not be able to reverse it. Taking an Anti-inflammatory is helpful also.

Maxine

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Fibromyalgia symptoms can have a sudden and acute onset. Change in seasons, stress, illness etc can make those symptoms worse. I used to deal with that kind of pain all the time until the docs put me on elavil. Some days I have to increase the dose. If all the other tests come back normal, fibro is most likely the cause.

i was just letting you know that i have the pain as well but i have no real suggestions. i tried using a heating pad, hot showers, tylenol, motrin, and massages with only some relief. perhaps a doctor could give you something better. if it is your muscles perhaps a muscle relaxer would help. i just hope you can feel better soon.

dionna :)

• 3 weeks later...