Sweet Food And Fast Bp

anna

Hello All,

I wander if someone might be able to explain why my daughter finds her heart races when she eats sweet food!? Our daughter has drops in her blood sugar while out and about so, when this happens she eats some ceral bars or alike, but then she gets quite tachy after this. This also happens when she eats anything that is quite sweet.

Bye for now,

Anna

Hello All,

I wander if someone might be able to explain why my daughter finds her heart races when she eats sweet food!? Our daughter has drops in her blood sugar while out and about so, when this happens she eats some ceral bars or alike, but then she gets quite tachy after this. This also happens when she eats anything that is quite sweet.

Bye for now,

Anna

Hi Anna,

I am a diabetic and I have some form of dysautonomia and some other unpleasant autonomic stuff. I can say for sure because I also experience this especially since autonomic stuff worsened. He blood glucose is high. I get really tachy when I eat. I get high readings from salad with turkey breast >200 and without meds I bottom out 30 mins or so later <50. I can eat candy and stay normal. Her blood glucose can make her autonomic stuff really worse. Even if she in hypoglycemic. If she has raises, and I would be willing to bet she does, that effects the nerves and destroys them. If you have a glucometer, when she eats and gets tachy test her sugar. It is best to poke the finger and wipe away the first drop of blood because it has other fluid and tests are not as accurate with that first drop. (I am a Phlebotomist) See how that goes. Good luck.

Lynda

lllavallone@msn.com