Cheaper Hotels Near The Chiari Institute

dizzygirl

hey.. i will be going to the chairi insitute with in the next few months.. and i need to reserve a hotel room just incase the variety house is full.. I'm wondering if any of you New Yorkers or people who have been to tci know of a nice decent hotel that has shuttle service and is under $100 bucks a night.. i have a list that i was sent but they are outrageously priced..

I dont drive so it would need to either be close by tci or if will need shuttle service...

any input or pointers would be greatly appreciated

thanks

dizz

Have you inquired if any of the hotels have a special rate for the institute? I know when I go to CCF the hotels have a special rate for patients. But I know with tax and all my room was $100 in Cleveland, so $100 is probably not bad for NY - but I know that is a lot of money. As an accountant I will remind you that your travel and lodging for medical treatment may be deductible if you reach specific amounts and are able to itemize - so keep your receipts

In NY it's tough to find even a BAD hotel at under 100. However, I personally have had good luck using Hotwire. They don't show you what hotel you're going to be at, but they do give you a star level, and tell you what hotels fall under that star level. I got a WONDERFUL hotel on Long Island for 72 a night.

Nina

hey i forgot about hotwire.com! thanks nina.:( I found one or two hotels on line that i'm going to call about...I am so amazed at the cost of some of the hotel rooms out there.. i did a check on one for a 3 night stay and it was like over 1200$ for 3 nights I was LIKE WOW!! that is 2 months of ssdi! lol

lauren i'm glad that ive gotten an appointment as well..

i have another question for you all.. anyone know of some good tourist spots on long island? i will have the evening free and if i can find the energy i'd like to check things out.. lol

thanks