Veins Bust When Blood Is Drawn?

Hi all!

I was just wondering if this is related? My Viens bust almost everytime they take blood or try to put in an IV?

Does anyone else deal with this too?

Thanks,

Amber

tissue fragility, including vascular fragility can be associated with EDS -- but I don't know enough about what else it could be to suggest investigating elsewhere; I suppose bleeding disorders/clotting disorders too? Be sure to ask your doctor.

nina

Thanks Nina,

I didn't think I had any problems with tissue fragility, but now I'm wondering if in fact I may?

What would be the symptoms? How would you know? I know there are links for EDS so I'm going to see if I can find them.:)

Thanks again,

Amber

HELLO! All the time! I get 3% IV solution and the hypertonic solution is beginning to eat away at my veins (so I've been told). At the beginning of POTS, my veins lasted the 72 hour life of the IV site. Now, I'm lucky to stretch 24. Apparently, lots of fluid over a long time will do this. It happens with blood draws too- those are the worst. Also, because I've been stuck so many times (I have actual track marks from my hospital stays), someone told me that my veins are moving deeper and pointed out the increase of spider veins on the surface.

So, maybe it is from all the fluid. Have you had tons? Do yours move around when they try to stick them?

Baaaa! So not fun!

HELLO! All the time! I get 3% IV solution and the hypertonic solution is beginning to eat away at my veins (so I've been told). At the beginning of POTS, my veins lasted the 72 hour life of the IV site. Now, I'm lucky to stretch 24. Apparently, lots of fluid over a long time will do this. It happens with blood draws too- those are the worst. Also, because I've been stuck so many times (I have actual track marks from my hospital stays), someone told me that my veins are moving deeper and pointed out the increase of spider veins on the surface.

So, maybe it is from all the fluid. Have you had tons? Do yours move around when they try to stick them?

Baaaa! So not fun!

I have track marks too!! Does yours look like little silver dry patches of skin? My viens also move around, that can be painfull. I haven't really had many IV's, mostly just blood work.

Thanks,

Amber