Problems With Site..

wareagle

Hi all..just wondering if there's a problem with the site right now or if it's just my computer. None of the avatars are showing and the emoticons aren't working. Is it just me having problems?

I've gotton so used to using the avatars to ID people that I'm having trouble keeping up with who is who when I'm reading posts right now! Guess I've gotten spoiled!!

Love to you all!

Well good grief!! The second I posted this the avatars were back!!

Soooo..nevermind!! :D

Okay..I spoke too soon...apparently I'm only seeing the avatars and posted emoticons when I'm actually logged onto the site...Is this new?

re: Avatars: sometimes the website hosting some avatars, is offline so you will see a red x.

The guy who hosts my avatar uses his PC for his website )Don't aske me to explain how THAT WORKSS?!?) and has frequent power outages or power surges where he lives...and it throws things off line.

So I figure that is why some other avatars don't show up...later, they come back.

Yeah..I've had trouble seeing some of the avatars from time to time too...but this time it's like Corina said...when I'm logged onto the site everything is fine...but when I log off there are not avatars and the emoticons don't work. It's really weird...I wasn't going to mention it at first but it's been like this for several days now so I wanted to make sure I wasn't the only on experiencing it!!

No big deal really...at leaste I can still read the posts without having to log on. :D

Because of some of the problems we were having with spammers, and in addition, a member who had their personal privacy breached, all avatars, signature lines and personal information cards are only able to be viewed by members who are logged in. If you are browsing without being logged in, you wont be able to see those features until you've done so--this is why posting fixed your issue.

Nina

I know that I have tried to use other avatars and it comes up as an x :)

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I have tried many times.

So when you see an x on only a few then maybe they were having the same problems as I.:P

Amber

You can upload avatars only if they are small enough (number of pixels, memory size), and type--if your picture doesn't meet the specs, it wont display. The other option is to link to an avatar you have stored online somewhere--like at photobucket, or one of the other free image hosts. If you have incorrectly entered the link, it will not display the picture.

I have tried a few free advatars...I just can't seem to get them to work? It makes me feel dumb sometimes....but I know that's not the case, I'm probably looking at the answer right in the face, just not seeing it. LOL