Gerd And High Salt With Pots

lmbutare

This is my first time posting but I've been sick for 2 yrs and diagnosed with POTS about 6 months ago. I have terrible reflux and stomach burning despite Protonix, but high salt helps with the pots. The high salt really hurts my stomach and I can't have anything acidic like tomato juice or pickles so it's really difficult.

Does anyone have any tips for how to eat a high salt diet when it hurts to eat high salt? Any recipes for high salt foods that don't cause stomach problems? I know a lot of us have indigestion/reflux problems so I figured some people must have similar problems maintaining high salt.

Thanks for your help!

lauren

I have GERD big time--I'm on nexium 2x a day. I eat salty stuff that doesn't bother my tummy as much--like beef jerky, canned soups, fat free potato or corn chips, etc. There are loads of salty treats that aren't as acidic. I also love olives and pickles.

Nina

thanks for your replies. I've actually been trying jerky recently and that seems to be a bit easier to tolerate. I'll have to try the baking soda...that's a really good idea!

Man, talk about a Catch 22 with the salt and GERD, huh? I guess I just have to keep trying new things until I find somewhat of a balance.

It's been nice to find a group that I can get advice from! I was sick for a couple of years before my diagnosis, and I never thought I'd be able to find other people with the wide array of symptoms that I have!!

Lauren