Away 5/29 to 6/1 @ conference

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure I'll have internet access while I'm in Boston for a conference...so just wanted you to know in case you write--I'll write back when I return.

Wish me luck on my presentation (Monday at 1pm). BTW, after many years of going to this particular conference over Memorial Day weekend I'm REALLY wanting them to make the conference on a NON holiday; I really covet those long weekends and giving one up for work is tougher the older I get.

Take good care and have a safe holiday :rolleyes:

Nina

Nina, All the best on your presentation tomorrow! I'm sure you will do well--with your vitality, personality and persistence how could you not! Let us know how it went! BTW, what was the subject?

Daughter in MA this weekend too--looking at her new house as she gets ready to go to graduate school at Brandeis and trying out for an iceskating synchronized skating team!

Be safe! :P:D

Hey guys & gals! I just arrived at my hotel...and I have a heck of a swanky room for my bargain conference rate!!! And... I sported the 10$ for the internet access 'cause ...well... I'd miss seeing all my friends online :D

The conference is the annual conf of the Association for Behavior Analysis, or as Teri tells me "Geek Fest". I'm presenting on behavior consulation services in the public schools. Here's a link to my listing in the online guide book...

http://www.abainternational.org/convention...events//365.htm

Thanks for all your votes of confidences. Hopefully no one will snore out loud while I'm still talking :P

Off to go spruce up a bit after the 6 hour drive...I'm kind of stinky and wilted; not presentable for a late meal. Thank goodness for being able to sleep in tomorrow. Ahhhh....

Nina

Okay folks. I'm REALLY nervous. I don't usually get jitters before presenting--after 18 years of doing this, it takes a lot to freak me out... but... the stakes at this particular conference are high. All the reseachers whose work I've referenced in my article will likely be sitting in the audience. Nothing like that to make you shake in your shoes ... and that's if you're not prone to shaking, which I am so my epniphrine spillover is going to be off the chart.

Also, I've been absent from the last 2 conferences because I was out on medical leave. The conference I went to 3 years ago, I had an asthma attack while up at the podium. One of my coworkers was speaking and I ducked down under the view of everyone and huffed on my inhaler until I could catch my breath.

Slow deep breaths... I'm thinking that one of my friends is going to have a martini waiting for me outside the conference room.

Nina

Contented sigh of relief :)

It's done. I shook like crazy through the whole thing, but I did it. Now I need to go to bed!!!! Feel like I ran a freak'n marathon...well, my heart actually did all that cardio while it raced for a few hours, so maybe it's more like a 10K :) My pillow is calling.

Thanks for being my cheering section! Talk to you all again tomorrow night when I get home. Hugs back at you. Nina

You really are amazing Nina. I am sure you impressed the heck of the audience but I cannot imagine standing at the podium, heart racing and body shaking, and being able to FOCUS on what you were supposed to say! AMAZING!!

Hope you have a few days to rest.

:) No rest for the weary. Didn't get home until about 7pm last night (I was a passenger, not the driver, thank goodness!). Worked today, then came home and slept for a few hours before dinner. Ready for bed again now.

Again, thanks for cheering me on! Now I have a year to recoup before the next one, which will be in Chicago.

Nina