For O.i. Pts Flying On Planes

Sophia3

Not that I am flying soon but I know folks that are. Does anybody know for sure IF once you GET THROUGH security, you can indeed BUY WATER or Gatorade at the airport to take on the plane?

If so, the media could be a little more responsible about this. I heard they are taking about folks lipstick and blistex and such.

Somebody posted last night they were flying soon and I hope they will let us know "the real story." Hard to filter out hype from truth.

I just listen to the news on my talk radio station every half hour and online.

But I CERTAINLY hope it's true one can take drinks on the plane. But imagine what water and Gatordade sell for at airports! ;)

But the WORST thing to take from me would be my black and white tube of chapstick.

Good luck to any and all fliers. It's SO important to stay hydrated on airplanes we all know it's much worse.

Yes, once you are through security you can buy drinks and food - but you cannot carry them onto the plane. Once you are on the plane they will serve water and drinks - but you should call your airline and make sure. I called my SIL who is a flight attendant and clarified with her.

Thanks Dawg. My sister was trying to tell me on the phone that you could and I said No...sheesh....she said folks were just getting hysterical.....but...I wondered.

And I NEVER believe what one media source tells me...thanks for checking with your SIL.

Teri is now a frequent flyer--taking flights every week. I can tell you for certain that yes, you can buy any drink you want once you've passed through security, but the other poster is correct: you may not carry it on the plane. That being said, Teri's carry on bag was not searched again before entering the flight deck, so she could have easily had contraband and no one bothered to look.

Nina

Gee Nina, that's not encouraging..they didn't check Teri's bag a second time. But I don't have much faith in the airline system period but I will spare you that rant since I no longer can fly anyhoo.

But this making folks stay thirsty is a bunch of nonsense. Yes, I know it's a terrorist deal but let's face it, criminal minds will always find a way to do evil.

What's next...flying in paper gowns like at the hospital and putting your clothes in suitcases???

Between the two hour lines and standing and all.....cripes, even in a wheelchair I can't SIT UP for that long unless my feet are at heart level. Unless I am having a really great day!?

I hope whomever is was that was flying checks in here.

They say infant formula is allowed....well, hello? why not water? Why not Gatorade...but it in a baby bottle and I will still drink it. ;)

I would think a doctors note would help situations but sadly in these situations common sense often takes a back seat.

Hope Teri gets home ok.

My only thought would be to bring gatorade powder with you and mix it with water while you wait for your flight--drink as much as you can--then use the powder again on the plane; at least until they ban powders too! :)

I hope the airlines don't read this!!

Your giving them more ideas! :blink::huh::)

I'm thankful I don't have to fly anywhere anytime soon. What stress! I thought flying was supposed to be easier then driving? I think I will stick with driving. For those of you without the choice...((hugs)).

Amber :D