Using The Computer While Lying Down

Guest danielvasel

Found them! Cheapest I could find. They either called them bed glasses or prism glasses. They dont look attractive but if it helps, who cares! 3rd product down.

http://www.medesign.co.uk/products/bed_sleep/bed_sleep.html

Send me a PM if you need help with getting them to you. Apparently they deliver worldwide though.

Guest danielvasel
Found them! Cheapest I could find. They either called them bed glasses or prism glasses. They dont look attractive but if it helps, who cares! 3rd product down.

http://www.medesign.co.uk/products/bed_sleep/bed_sleep.html

Send me a PM if you need help with getting them to you. Apparently they deliver worldwide though.

uow, thanks a lot tanzanite... I?ll see if I can manage without the glasses... but if I feel like the glasses would help, I?ll buy them for sure!!(as long as my mom gives me the money, hehe :P )

and ya, if I need someone from the Uk to mail me them, I?ll ask ya!!

have a nice weekend :rolleyes:

daniel

Guest danielvasel
You said:

most of people in here must/should know that having tachycardia(or semi tachycardia) is really bad for your heart, and could lead to many things(like a heart attack for example)

but the long term effects are at least worrisome... there?s one thing that will happen for sure: you will live much less... that?s an incontestable fact

yes, i reiterate what i said

Phrases like "for sure", and declaring it "incontestible" that people will have a shorter life expectancy implies that POTS will kill them, and this really IS NOT TRUE.

nope, you are wrong... saying that you?ll have a shorter life is not the same as saying that will kill ya...

if I drink 2 liters of pepsi, every single day, for the rest of my life, I?ll live less, FOR SURE, that?s "INCONTESTIBLE"(you?d only contest it if you were ignorant about the effects of pepsi in your body)

but that?s not the same as saying , "pepsi is gonna kill me"... got it?

otherwise i could many things, such as "pollution is gonna kill me, sugar is gonna kill me, stress is gonna kill me, etc, etc, etc..."

, but Sinus tachycardia in anotherwise healthy person does NOT lead to stroke or heart attack, if it did, athletics would be life threatening, and so would climbing stairs for many people!

yes, an OTHERWISE!!!!!! but this doesn?t mean anything... "oh, IF i didn?t have POTS i?d be healthy...", so what? what really matters is that you are not healthy, you?re sick

i?m sorry to say that, but it doesn?t look like you are well informed about the subject... comparing having sinus tachycardia with being an athlete is just nonsense... I won?t write too much about it, but just so you know, the average heart rate of an athlete is way lower than "normal"(which is actually pretty healthy)

And often, people with POTS have LOW blood pressure- meaniing we are FAR less likely to have a stroke. If you don't believe that POTS kills, then your earlier comments are certainly misleading. I agree with Lauren, you need to be more careful in what you post as youcould really scare people.

I?m aware that i could scare some people, no doubt... but as i said before, everyone should know the truth... if they know that they are much more susceptible to have certain problems, they can try and prevent it...

if the goal of the forum is not to help people live better, live longer, happier, what the heck are we doing here then?

i never said that POTSies will have this, or that... I said that they are more susceptible to have certain problems in the future... is that a crime? will somebody commit suicide if they read it? nope, i don?t think so...

and saying that POTSies are far less likely to have a stroke just because they have low BP is another nonsense... everybody(at least those who actually study the subject) knows that there are many more factors to take into account

Daniel, you are absolutely incorrect about dysautonomia being fatal, and/or tachycardia leading to a shortened lifespan. Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source for information. Autonomic researchers haven't found ANY relationship to a shortened lifespan in dysautonomia patients--only a lessened quality of life. I am asking you to please refrain from posting information as fact, when it's your personal opinion--which is not currently backed up by a large variety of research articles.

There is one exception, and that is MSA, which is degenerative--and in all likelihood, has a different etiology than other dysautonomias such as POTS, NCS and PAF. Also, FD, a genetic disorder prevalent in those of Jewish descent, can be fatal if not properly managed--but a normal lifespan is completely possible if patient's autonomic crisis is managed quickly and appropriately.

I am closing this topic because making statements that are not based in fact and then arguing them vehemently here is against the forum rules--please familiarize yourself with the rules and particularly the section on "respect for others", specifically, speaking to others in a manner that is condescending or attempting to hold a superior view.

For members who wish to be better informed about this group of disorders, Michelle Sawicki has put together a very thorough listing of research articles on etiology, treatment, diagnosis, qualitity of life issues, etc. Additionally, NDRF still offers their free PDF book download that explains many of the issues that have come up here. Links to these things are in the pinned help yourself topic.

Nina