Venting

luckygoat3

I haven't vented on here in a long time or ever. I recently switched from lexapro to cymbalta back to lexapro, after some nasty side effects. My energy has gone from 5 to zip in a week and i feel like im worthless, as in not doing a darn thing around the house anymore. I have been back on the lexapro 10 MG for a week, and i am having the funky dreams again, it was a relief they went away after stopping the Lexapro the first time. But know they are SO real....i wake up so panicked. Now the headaches are worse, pressure oh the pressure --- feels like i'm in a washing machine with too much water. Nothing relieves this, laying down and sitting up pretty much are equal...so im not sure what to do.

I have the county fair in less than 11 days to get ready for, eight more goats to get ready, 4-H booth to help get ready, and just being vertical for a week. Yes i know "fair week" sounds stupid but it's what i live for and wait ALL year to do. It's the farmer in me. :rolleyes:

With the dreams and the headache i don't want to sleep anymore. Seriously this is just crazy or perhaps im crazy.

I know i need to call the doctor, but im afraid he will say wait it out, i can't i need something to help the energy/headache/dreams, everything. I thought about IV hydration as i drink and i go more than i take in, but i know my parents are againest that idea. I have NO insurance, working on medicaid, so anything with tests or anything is out of the question at this point.

susie

HI,

I don't know if this is an option but what about cutting back on the lexapro? Sometimes after going off certain meds and going back on we don't have the same reactions whether good or bad. I take liquid lexapro and that way can really control the amount I take and the amount that works.

That sounds cool, the fair. I like those type of things. Don't get much call for that here in the city of NY,,but love it when I am on vacation to check these things out.

I think you should call your dr. and let him/her know what is going on. They may be able to offer some suggestions.

Good luck with the meds and with the fair. :P

Thanks, i didn't take the lexapro this AM, as i feel like the Energizer Goatie, seriously i trimmed three goats plus hoofs and am not tired. Altho the goats were happy to be fed earlier than normal...kinda shocked the dog walking out there that early. Guess he likes to sleep in like his owners.

Oh well, one way or another i will enjoy fair i might not remember much but i know i always have a good time...

susie

Susie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your medication problems. It must be so frustrating to go from a fairly functional level to an unfuncitonal one, and with the fair coming up as well! It seems like my POTS holes also coincide with important events in my life that I so want to be healthy for.

I really feel for you, and wish I had some wonderful piece of advice, but the only thing I can tell you is what I've been telling myself all this time: hang in there. It will get better eventually.

((((HUGS)))))

-Lauren

I would say an exact ditto of what Lauren said! plus a (hug) from me, too !!:(:)

have you been on other SSRI's? maybe one of them would work better, or maybe cutting back is the answer? i did terrible on SSRI's in general, but especially cymbalta. it was just bad news. and then it took me weeks to get back to "normal" after stopping it! :P frustrating!! now i don't take any & i'm doing A-OK. (but it took long while...i'd talk to your doc about what you're doing in case there's side effects of going cold turkey?)

i am so glad you're feeling better today and i hope that continues for you! & i'm from a small rural ohio town, and fairs are big time fun!! :D my friend's kid is showing rabbits :) good luck with your lucky goats!! (they are lucky to have you :) )

Hang in there, Susie!! :D

aww I'm so sorry..(((HUGS))) from me too ;)

I agree that you should talk with your doctor, your waiting it out either by talking with him or not, so why not?

Good luck at the fair!!! Sounds like something to look forward to!

Amber

Thanks guys, currently i have not slept, and it's past 4pm so i guess i will do chores, take a nice warm shower (the headache feels better with warm rather than cold)...and tuck myself into bed and watch The Shaggy Dog which i rented today.

Mom is calling the family doctor as he is easier to get a hold of...btw i have been on Celexa, Wellbutrin, Lexapro and Cymbalta. They all give me the real dreams and ugh i can't take it anymore!

The fair should be fun, i just ordered a hoodie and another polo (for showing, a much lighter one :D). I must say i love personalized shirts. hehe I only have six more to groom so it's not to too bad and it's doable as long as i take my time---and no goats punching me out. ;)

I hope your doctor is able to give you some input. I did not do well on SSRI's -horrible reaction on Lexapro, Cymbalta and Welllbutrin made me feel like I was going to climb the walls. The other two made me pass out and all kinds of horriblel sensations. Just need to figure out what works for you. Hang in there and have a great time at your fair. I think that is fantastic that you have this in your life. You obviously have a great time doing it. We have big time farmers in our family too, they are all fair people.

Take care

I wanted to say Iwas thinking about you. I am sorry that you are not feeling good. I know about the dreams

, I have been there. Is there anyway you can get somthing to help you sleep? SO you can at least get some sleep, hopefully with out the dreams, or waking up alot. I hope things start getting better for you soon!