Antihistamines with dysautonomia

My doctor has me on an Rx (flonase) nasal spray for allergies. I also take zyrtec and singulair. Neither seem to have any bad side effects for me. I take them once a day before bed.

Nina

Singulair, flonase, and coricidin for people with high blood pressure (this kind doesn't have ephedrine in it) don't give me any side effects. Right now though, I have the chicken pox and they have me on a strong antihistamine and my POTS is going crazy. Ask your pharmacist which allergy meds will cause arrythmias, they should be able to help you.

Jaime

I have always had really bad side effects when taking sinus medication but then I tried Coricidian and this works wonders!!! Very expensive so check CVS if you have one in your area since they carry a generic. As always, checkw ith your doctor before taking any OTC medications.

Please feel better soon!

Susan

RX Nasal Sprays are extremely affective (Nasonex or Flonase)!! No side effects.

Also, I take Singulair each day - it helps a lot also. I would take Benadryll at night - also Zyrtec is great but take it before bed also.

Hope this helps,

Lisa

I use Flonase, too, and it works great. Before I was dx I use prescription Allegra-D. I have terrible hay fever, but since the dx of POTS, that seems to have alleviated some. Or maybe the Flonase is working better. Who knows. I do like the Flonase. Easy, and effective.