Chest Pain

Foxyblue

Hi everyone,

Do any of you experience occasional chest pain? I am having it right now again and it seems to come and go. I know breathing deeply makes it worse during the pain. It hurts but it isn't enough to make me fall over or anyhting. Does anyone have any comments? I appreciate anything.

Bri

Hi everyone,

Do any of you experience occasional chest pain? I am having it right now again and it seems to come and go. I know breathing deeply makes it worse during the pain. It hurts but it isn't enough to make me fall over or anyhting. Does anyone have any comments? I appreciate anything.

Bri

Bri,

i say call your dr.

i do get this occasionally, i even went to the ER recently for this because it was worse than usual. i called my PCP and they told me to call 911.so an ambulance ride for me. all my tests came back normal for me, but abnormal for everyon else, so they gave me a nitro pill, several bags of salene, and took tons of blood. they wanted me to see the cardio immediatly, but i was going to boston in 2 days from then, so i did not go. HTH

Joy

I have occasional chest pain that's worse with breathing as well. It seems to happen with very high or very low heart rates, but not always. Since I've had a recent normal chest X-ray and echo, my docs aren't too concerned. I was told to call 911 if the pain is worse than before, different than I've felt before (stabbing vs dull etc), or I'm gasping for air. Obviously, you'd want to get your own doc's opinion about when to call for help though.

i agree with the other posters about asking for medical advice on this and if you feel you can't breathe, definitely call 911!!

i used to get this all the time, turns out it wasn't my heart at all! i had an endoscopy (where they look down your throat into your stomach) & i had REALLY super bad acid reflux and it was eating away at the cardiac sphincter (the closure at the top of your stomach, near the heart) and my esophagus!! ugh! it was so bad i had to take 2 protonix each day, even after it healed. & change my diet!! now i take nexium, twice a day (insurance issue--it's the same stuff, basically). i still have some troubles with it on occasion, but it's nowhere near as bad now. just wanted to mention it, in case it might be the source for you too?? :ph34r:

but make sure you get your heart and lungs checked out first! good luck! i hope you feel better!! that pain is ouchy!! i remember it well! (i had NO other sxs of acid reflux, either, btw)

take care, peace, lulu :)

p.s. if you've had a recent cold or cough, you can sometimes crack a rib during coughing, i've done that too and it is definitely painful!! hope you feel better! :D

I also agree with everyone else. I have chest pain on and off, but with the o2 at home and knowing its just the way my body acts is one thing. I think you need to make sure it nothing else. Alot of things can casue chest pain, I would talk to a doctor or go to the ER to make sure it nothing else. I hope you start feeling better soon! :ph34r: