Pots And Support Stockings And Sleeping Med.

fsorger1

I was just diagnosed with POTS a month ago. I am so thankful to have found this wonderful site. I have 2 questions:

1. I am planning a trip to Germany in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I should wear support stockings while on the plane. I asked my primary care physician (since that was one of the recommendations that the cardiologist wrote on the Tilt table report)- but my Dr. said I should be fine. For those of you who wear support stockings- what do you think?

2. My Dr. gave me a prescription for 50 mg of Trazadone to help me fall asleep- since I have difficulty getting to sleep most nights. I noticed that one of the side effects is tachycardia.....but I have POTS and am wondering if this will work for me/ make me feel uncomfortable. Has anyone with POTS used this drug?

Thanks so much!

Dx: POTS, allergies to lots of environmental things, chronic sinusitis

Meds: Nasonex

If it were me, and the doctor gave me a "one-time" pill of trazodone for sleeping, I'd ask for a second pill to "test" BEFORE the trip to see how you react.

I've used 30 HG compression hose during a long flight, and I still got a clot in my leg, though not in a deep vein. So, I suppose I'll always be wearing them during flight and taking and aspirin with them. I do not know a reason why you would not wear compression hose unless you find them very uncomfortable.

Have a great trip!

If it were me, and the doctor gave me a "one-time" pill of trazodone for sleeping, I'd ask for a second pill to "test" BEFORE the trip to see how you react.

I've used 30 HG compression hose during a long flight, and I still got a clot in my leg, though not in a deep vein. So, I suppose I'll always be wearing them during flight and taking and aspirin with them. I do not know a reason why you would not wear compression hose unless you find them very uncomfortable.

Have a great trip!

Thanks so much for the advice! :);)

Have a great trip!

Thanks so much for the advice! :P:(

2. My Dr. gave me a prescription for 50 mg of Trazadone to help me fall asleep- since I have difficulty getting to sleep most nights. I noticed that one of the side effects is tachycardia.....but I have POTS and am wondering if this will work for me/ make me feel uncomfortable. Has anyone with POTS used this drug?

I tried Trazadone years ago for the insomnia. It helped my sleep, but like many people, it left me very groggy the next day. The newer drugs (Ambien, Lunesta) have a much shorter half life and don't seem to leave patients as groggy the next day. So far Lunesta has been very helpful for me.