Had A Good Day

So, last night I have a pretty good night. I went out to eat for my birthday then went out to a bar to meet up with a few of my friends. I was out for about 3.5 hours and seemed to do okay...

My question is while I was eating in the restaurant my arms felt cool but I felt really hot. I went to feel my back and it was soooo HOT...Isn't this weird, I would have thought my whole body would be sweating not just my back...?!

Anyone else ever have the same prob?? Just curious if it's POTS related...

Jacquie

Happy Birthday Jacquie B)

That is weird.....I had a similar experience yesterday when I took a cooling shower.....The water running off of me in the shower felt hot. I had to keep putting my hand up to the shower head to make sure that the water was cool..... Had no fever (checked after) , didn't feel too bad either. It was just the water running down my back and from my head/hair felt hot!!! Weird is a good adjective to discribe this disorder, :)

Maggs

Happy Birthday Jacquie!!!!

I'm so glad you had a good health day for your birthday celebration! :P:D:D

As for the heat symptom, I don't know what to tell you. Sometimes, when I'm stressed, I feel a flush of heat. Like if someone slams a door or drops a pot on the floor, the sound will trigger a reponse in me where I turn bright red and begin to sweat for a minute (plus my HR goes way up too), usually after a minute it goes away.

Do you think something like that was happening to you last night?

So, last night I have a pretty good night. I went out to eat for my birthday then went out to a bar to meet up with a few of my friends. I was out for about 3.5 hours and seemed to do okay...

My question is while I was eating in the restaurant my arms felt cool but I felt really hot. I went to feel my back and it was soooo HOT...Isn't this weird, I would have thought my whole body would be sweating not just my back...?!

Anyone else ever have the same prob?? Just curious if it's POTS related...

Jacquie

Jacquie,

are you sure this wasnt fromm the 100' weather in boston? im not being a jerk, it might have been the POTS but it was HOT HOT HOT in boston yessterday at noon! it was a good thing the building i was in was was air conditioned, becausse outside was deadly for people who were not sick.

ps did you hear about the lady who died at the red sox game? she was pregnant and died of dehydration.

Joy

Hmmm...I'm not really sure what caused it?? I was in a/c so that's what I thought was really weird that only my back was sweating???

I didn't hear that about the lady at the Sox game though, what a shame..:P

Happy birthday Jacquie!! I"m very glad that you where able to enjoy yourself yesterday!!! :P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy (belated) Birthday!

Glad you were able to get out with friends on your special day...

:P melissa

Guest dionna

Happy Birthday! hmmm i don't know. i don't think i have had the same problem as you but i have had really weird things, like goosebumps on just one side or just on on one limp. i wish i could help you but my body just hasn't done that. take care of your self an di wish you many more good days.

dionna :P

Happy belated bday-- so glad you were able to get out-- wonderful!!! :)

I have all sorts of weird body temp issues- can feel hot on inside, cold outside, one side sometimes freezing, even though i will be in hot shower-----odd for sure.

PS--Joy--

My goodness i watch the sox games and did not here about this tragedy, how horrible. May there be a chance it was only be a rumor? I could only hope for that poor family.

happy belated! glad you were able to enjoy your special day!

like most of the others, i've got serious thermoregulation problems and they are WEIRD. sometimes, esp. after i eat, it's like my torso has all the blood and heat and everything else is cold and icky feeling. in the summer, even with a/c i have to take cooling showers and then the opposite in winter.

i think it has something to do with vasoconstriction and dilation in people with dysautonomia not working as fast as "normal" ppl, but i'm not sure. i've also noticed if i am cold for too long or hot for too long, i'll pay for it with syncopal episodes, foggy thinking, tachy's or palps within 48 hours. so i try to watch the temp of my environs. also i try to eat small meals and avoid sugar, alcohol and caffeine which really seem to trigger some bad responses in me.

maybe blood was going to your torso from the meal, and it was your back because you were sitting up against the back of a chair or booth?? i don't know...just wondering. hope you are able to get a handle on it. good luck and best wishes for a wonderful year. peace, lulu