Auto-transplant - Reply To Shayden

Hi Shayden, I'm following up on your former post

http://dinet.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=6408

You may recall that I thought your doctor's idea came from a TV episode of "House". It was on tonight--it's called "Autopsy Series". Basically, they were trying to reboot a child's system by cooling her body, going on bypass, stopping her heart, then hoping the restart fixed the issues.

Nina

No problem Shayden. Just wanted you to know the source of your doctor's hairbrained idea to stop your heart and start it again - ON PURPOSE.

Nina

Yes, it's a real treatment--but it's not listed as a tx for ANS disorders. It's primarily used for patients who have cancerous lesions in, on, near the heart or it's major vessels. They stop the heart, work on it, and then get it going again.

"House" is a medical tv drama/comedy (very dark humor) on Fox. It's currently in re-runs but is supposed to air again with new episodes for the Fall. I usually watch it, and I know Sophia was a fan too-- "House" is the last name of the main character, a brilliant doctor who is psychologically damaged, has terrible bedside manner & and has some physical problems as well, including a severly damaged leg that leaves him tethered to pain meds. Sophia called him something like her favorite TV crumudgeon of a doctor.

Nina

ok...i can't resist. i LOVE House. it's definitely my fave show these days (though i got ticked off when they had a bogus TTT).

:angry: melissa