Seasonal Pulse

Hello all!

now i know that the summer can cause pots symptoms to act up more because the hot weather causes more vasodilation which in turn causes the heart rates to creep up even more. BUT anyone notice a dramatic reduction, (even with or without a reduction in symptoms) in heart rate during the winter when it is colder outside?

Hi Cardiotec,

I can't speak for the others but, for myself, winter is much better.

Summer brings the heat which I cannot tolerate as well as problems with dehydration. :o

I have more difficulty sleeping. Air conditioning bothers me.... :blink: , so that leaves me in a catch 22!

Trying to stay cool in the heat and keeping up the fluids (which brings contant running to the washroom) saps alot of my limited energy. My electrolytes get thrown off too :D

Aghhhhhhhhhhh

Fall is my best season...warm during the day and cool at night :):):)

Winter is alright but I have to really really bundle up..... as I live in a cold climate.

Bottom line.....love the summer for gardening and getting out but....it comes with a price.

My heartrate is much more stable in the winter...also have less problems with inflammation which is worsened by the heat.

Maggs

Spring and Fall are my best seasons...Temps that are either too hot or too cold seem to bother me the most.

Jacquie

how does the cold effect you?

ya know, i couldnt believe the other day, i was sitting in church with my parents and it was literally like 100 degrees in there (no A.C.) and my feet and lower legs were like ice cubes!! my mom was so hot and so i put my foot on her leg and she couldnt believe how cold i was!

it's weird, i think i deal better with the summer cuz i am just way too cold in the winter! but interestingly, my pulse is A LOT better during winter time and in the summer it's CRAZY. i guess for my heart rate really doesnt have to do with how i feel. it can be fast in the summer and i will do okay, but symptomatically i can be worse in the winter and my pulse will be essentially normal.

The cold just makes me more symptomatic..it's not as bad as the summer, but on those freezing cold days it can get bad. The only thing about the winter that is good, is that for me it's easier to get warm because you can layer clothing, however in the summer you can take off all your clothing and still be HOT!!!! :)

Jacquie