Heard Back From The Cardio Today........

Is this the same as dysautonomia? I keep seeing that at the websites that I've visited!!! Yippee!! Am I officially DX with dysautonomia??? I'm going to see the Cardio next Wednesday, to start treatment.

Is it weird that I feel some relief by this???? (Heavy Sigh)

Rebecca

Rebecca,

Congratulations on getting a diagnosis! Isn't it a relief?! -Ellen

Rebecca, I have to edit my reply. I was told I do NOT have MVP, although my symptoms were similar. I was not aware that there is a MVP syndrome, so I apologize for passing on my misinformation.

This is why some of us have gone through so many doctors and years without a diagnosis!

Yes MVP

and

MVP S are two different conditions...the latter meaning Dysautonomia!! Yes, it's your diagnosis. Glad you got one.

MVP is just the prolapse issue but the SYNDROME means you have the autonomic crap with it. :ph34r:

Rebecca,

I have the same thing. The syndrome part is a type of dysautonomia. There are a few sites dedicated to MVPS, if you are interested in them let me know.

Congrats., it is relief to know that what you are suffering from is real :ph34r: Hate to welcome another to the club, but glad you got some answers. :)

It is not weird to feel relieved and happy to have a diagnosis. It just validates how you have been feeling and it feels wonderful to put a name to it. Believe me I've been there! It is not that you want something to be wrong with you, but rather after everything you have been through you just want to know what it is. I hope this is the first step towards feeling better! Hang in there!

Susan

Guest tearose

Hope you find more answers with the new dx information! Knowing as much about our body as possible makes good treatment more within a realm of possibility.

best wishes, tearose