Allergy Meds And Asthma

BEE

Went to the allergist and i am allergic to everything..most of oyu know I used to post about MY NASAL PROBLEMS..which drove me insane. Well I now know that I am allergic to dust,grassa nd trees,dogs,cats,mold. All the drugs Iwas prescribed I cannot take...well only one really. I cannot take albuterol and asthma preventitive. I am currently taking rhinocort but that is it and it is not working.

Any ideas from those of you that have allergies??? I am very miserable with this. I feel like I cannot breathe..even though I am. :)

I remember there were some other members here that suggested allergies to me in the past ...thank you!!

Just curious on what others take for there allergies and breathing problems.

Thank..Belinda

I take zyrtec and singulair and take intal(inhaler)...it is a cromlyn sodium type, like nasalcrom for the nose. So it is not for acute attacks but you can use it daily, has no side effects and hopefully help to prevent the allergens from irritating the breathing airways. The singulair helps to open my chest a bit and I have had no side effect from that plus it is also used as an antihistamine, and zyrtec is an antihistamine too.

I use saline nasal spray and also like this natural nasal spray, it is a pump gel, you pump it in your nose and I notice relief in about a 1/2 hour. Now if I could only remember the name. I think it is zicam nasal spray. Can buy it otc,,no medicine in it.

Hello!

I take Singulair, Flonase, and Benadryll daily.

Hope you find some meds that help,

Lisa

Bee- did the allergist mention immuno-therapy? (Shots).

I did that for five years for weeds, trees and grasses, and eventually my allergies subsided. That was over five years ago, and I'm still much better than before.

It started out 3 shots 3 times a week :ph34r: , slowly worked up to once a month. :) It greatly improved the asthma also (rarely get it, and it's mild now). Hope you find some relief. -Ellen

He was a little concerned about doing those due to heavy reactions on some of the injections for testing like lots of swelling from such a tiny amount. The other thing is that if I react I cannot have epi-due to arrythmia possibilities. I am going to ask Dr.G about it and what he thinks when I see him Oct. or I may just call because by then the allergies should be at bay. Thanks for the suggestion :D

Also thank to everyone that replied I am going to look into some of these things..the only worry I have with taking these meds is rhythm disturbances...

And making me more tachy than i already am.

Frustration sets in...

Belinda

He was a little concerned about doing those due to heavy reactions on some of the injections for testing like lots of swelling from such a tiny amount. The other thing is that if I react I cannot have epi-due to arrythmia possibilities. I

Bee- yes the epi is a concern. I did have a reaction to the shots (sneezing in the waiting room) that required epi and afterward I was WIRED! The reaction to the epi was worse than the reaction to the allergens, in my opinion. I was exhausted for two days afterwards.

One more thought- washing your face several times a day cuts down on the pollen in your nose - a simple way to relieve symptoms. Also inhaling salt water to cleanse the nose.

Thank you so much Ellen..I used to rinse my nose with saltwater but haven'tlately..good idea!!! Also I use a sinucleanse rinse and regular saline.

It almost feels like my nose is full of bougies(pardon me there) and I cannot blow them out and they are draining somewhere in which I am thinking down into my lungs. I have been have quite a lot of phlegm coming up yet it is clear.

I am hoping this doesn't last throughout hayfever season..

I know my POTS would be alot more tolerable if it wasn't for the allergies..

Belinda :D