Palpitations, But Not Fast Heartrate

Hi,

Is it possible to have palipitations w/o the fast heartrate. The whole day today my heart has been pounding, but my heartrate is at 78..I took half a Metoprolol, but I'm just curious if they are indeed palipitations, or do I have to have a fast heartrate for it to be palps?

Jacquie

Hi,

My heart pounds much of the time and my rate can be normal. The fast rate and palpitations can be two entirely different things. I was at a block party the other day, drinking my water, watching what I eat and I swore my heart was beating fast because I could feel every beat. It was in the 70's.

Even on the beta blocker I still get that. The weather can play a part in that also.

Hope it has calmed down some for you. :D

Everytime I took a nap today the palps woke me up...The BB seemed to help out a bit, but it stinks because I can't take the BB while the Midodrine is in my system.

Hi Jacquie :blink:

I get lots of palpitations without the tachy. I can feel my heart skip around....thump loud....vibrate.....skip and slip....I have recordings of diffuse ST waves and others all the while my heart is not beating very fast. Sometimes I feel it slow down and it feels like it is not beating fast enough for whatever it is I am doing.

I take 50mg Atenolol and it helps with the rapid heartbeat but it does not stop all the other 'activity' my heart seems to produce! :)

Maggs

I even have a pacer and I still get the same thing as I can skip a few beats and as long as it above 70 it lets my heart do it own thing. I know that this got alot wrose after my abltions. You have had them Jacqie right?

I have found I have beem left with some juctional rythem (SP?) It could be that? I am still on BB to keep my heart rate down but I am still having my own rythem wake me up also. I am going to the EP doctor at in the am I am going to ask if there is anything that can be down to fix this, or to help. Who knows I have asked before but I will see if he has any new ideas.

Hang in there! :)

Amy

Guest tearose

Yes, I have palps without fast heartrate!!! I am normally arrhythmic and often find myself having more palps in the evening while I am relaxing and usually having a very low heartrate!

Thanks for all the replies....I kinda figured I wasn't alone on this one!

Amy, let me know how you make out!

Jacquie