Need Dr Near Boston To Do Tilt Table Test

gwen54

Hi, i'm new here....i looked through the links of physician referrals, but didnt find what i was looking for. I hope its ok to post this here. I'm already seeing one of the drs mentioned on one of the lists and while shes good, she's not an expert with orthostatic issues.

I'm new to the Boston area and am chronically ill. I am still working on building my new team of drs to help me and I desperately need a dr who understands Orthostatic intolerance issues. I know I have POTS, and probably NMH, but I need to find a dr (preferably cardiologist, but anyone!) who will do a tilt table test since i never had one (and who takes Medicaid)

if anyone has suggestions, PLEASE contact me. i'm very sick and this i believe this is an important link

thanks and healing wishes to you all :D

hi

while i am not in boston, but in springfield, i am but one of the ones on this list who do go to boston.

in boston i see Dr. Paul LeLorier. i do not know if he takes your insurance. you might try calling his office # he works at Boston Medical Center. i met him last week and he is very nice i liked his PA as well.

Joy

I don't have a regular cardiologist, but I have had a couple of tilt table tests ordered by neuros. What part of Boston do you live in? One of mine was done at a hospital outside the city and the other was done at Beth Israel Hospital in the Autonomic and Peripheral Nerve Clinic. I still have yet to find an outstanding doc, so I'm not going to recommend any...but let me know if you find one! I'm sure given your symptoms any of the major hospitals in the city you go to will do a tilt table in the cardio or neuro area and hopefully will then refer you to someone who specializes in the area you need.

Hi,

I have seen Dr. Paul LeLorier for over 3 years. I would definately refer you to him. Feel free to PM me for his info or email me at Jaba802@yahoo.com.

In my opinion BMC also does the best Tilt Table Test, as far as it being thorough...

His Nurse Arlene is awesome as well. :D

Jacquie

thank you for all the responses - I really appreciate the help :rolleyes:

unfortunately Dr LeLorier doesnt seem to be in my network, but maybe with a referral I can get it covered somehow.

in case Dr LeLorier doesnt work out, I would love any other suggestions. I live just north of boston, but can get a ride anywhere within 30-40min. thanks again!!!

wishing you wellness....

I live in Southern NH and not sure if this will help you. I went to New England Heart Institute for my TTT in Manchester, NH. I see a Cardiologist there. They have a large group there and used to have Electrophysiologists there as well -two that I have seen are now gone. So I am not sure what the current staff is for this. I am still struggling with treatments and clear diagnosis for my conditions. They did however clearly diagnose my NCS there about three years ago. THey have quite a bit of cardio testing available there.

Good luck :)

Has anyone gone to Lahey Clinic? My primary physician thought they may have Electrophysiologist there? Anyone seen for dysautonomia there?

I was seen there years ago for CFIDS-just wondering

Have you tried any docs/cardios at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center?? There is one cardio there I would NEVER recommend to a POTS patient. The others may be better though.