Poll About Lyme's Disease/ Pots

AJVDK

Lyme Disease  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello All,

I just been thinking and wanting to know more info about Lyme Disease. Also if you have Lyme's Disease what from of treatment are you on?

Thanks for taking the time to look at the Poll! :rolleyes:

Amy

It took about 1 3/4 year to get a diagnosis of lyme. I answered no to the first question because I just don't know for sure, I've had low bp symptoms all my life, just not the the extream as now. I see a doctor in a neighboring state once a month, and am finishing up my third month of antibiotic treatment, the first month on amoxicillian and the rest has been biaxin. I get blood tests every other month to check kidney and liver to make sure no side effects from treatment. I am actually going to see him tomarrow afternoon, it's an hour and a half car ride one way, But I feel it's worth it to have a dr who knows about lyme. I am new to it so I don't know a whole lot. You might want to go to lymenet.org and research info. That's what I did.

Take Care

Kim

Hello All,

I just been thinking and wanting to know more info about Lyme Disease. Also if you have Lyme's Disease what from of treatment are you on?

Thanks for taking the time to look at the Poll! :rolleyes:

Amy

Hi, I wasn't quite sure how to answer the poll question, because I'm really not sure if the lyme is the cause of my pots.... I've had pots for around 9 years now and just recently tested positive for lyme. Most likely the lyme has been around since the beginning, but I'll probably never know for sure. All I can hope is that with treatment the pots symptoms diminish or go away completely :D

I've been in treatment for almost a year now for tick borne infections. I also had babesia and had to treat that before the lyme could be successfully treated. So, I guess I've been concentrating on just the lyme for about a month now. I'm currently on omnicef and doxycycline. I also get blood work frequently - I was getting it weekly for awhile - depending on how harsh the treatment is. And I've switched antibiotics a couple times over the last year. A lyme literate doctor is a must because the treatment can be complex.... And lymenet.org has also been immensely helpful to me.

hope this helps,

Pam

Hello All,

Thanks for taking the time to look at the Poll! :D

Amy

Why does it take so long to get diagnosed? Also What is the name of the tests or tests that have to be done? I don't know if i've had them.

sue

Guest malosp
I found I had lyme just less than a year after I became sick.

The good news is that after ~2months on antibiotics many of my autonomic nervous system problems are improving. My heart rate is coming back down. In addition, the little things that used to set off my fast heart rate such as eating, position change etc don't affect my heart rate as much anymore. My dizziness is basically gone, my extreme muscle aches are gone. My sweats and palps are just now starting to diminish as they appear to be taking longer to improve. It is as if the lyme was irritating nerve endings or damaged my nervous system somehow - I don't know.

I can say for sure that it was lyme causing my autonomic nervous system complaints. Dr. Burranscano (sp) guidelines on lyme indicates that POTS can be caused by lyme in some people.

It is not much fun knowing I have lyme, but I am so glad that the palps, sweats and fast heart rate are improving. Hope it continues.

I forgot to add that the reason it took so long to get diagnosed is that I did not have the typical bulls eye rash, but I know I got bit on the head and it may not have been as apparent.

In addition, the current lyme tests are NOT accurate and I had negative initial tests so I believed I did not have lyme when I did. It has been proven time and time again that the lyme tests are not accurate. The CDC has always said lyme should be a clinical diagnosis.

How do you find out if you have lyme? You must take a trial course of antibiotics - and if you have lyme you will know it, because your symptoms will be worse before they are better. .